a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Friday, March 10, 2006

8.2 Km Today - 34.2 Km for the Week so far

Took the day off work today, may as well make the most of Labour Day and have a nice long weekend. Headed out for a run at about 09:15, just an easy 8Km so so through the park. Trying very hard to keep the per Km rate reasonable for the training runs, I have a terrible habit of going out too hard. Managed to keep to about 5:30 per Km. Did some long strides in the last 200 meters or so, just trying to lengthen my gait a bit and be less of a plodder. Trying to concentrate on not coming down so hard, it is tricky to change your style but I am sure I will get there. I might hook up with the R4K training group tomorrow morning and do a 10Km medium (still can't believe that I can do 10Km as a training run now, used to be a long run!!). I am really enjoying running with a group, will miss it when R4K is over. It was hard for me to front up at first, I was so far out of my comfort zone it wasn't funny. Some of the Ausrunners told me to introduce myself and it took alot for me do it, but am glad I did. I will also be doing a long run, about 18Km on Sunday with the ESRG, really looking forward to that. Downloaded a half marathon training plan yesterday, it is an 8 week lead up so I will get stuck into that at the start of May in preparation for the Gold Coast. Will just concentrate on building the weekly mileage slowly until then and get stuck into some fun runs. Bought some running shorts today (yikes), not sure yet if I will wear them, but will probably just have to get over myself, can't run on the GC in leggings, too warm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home