a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Sunday, March 12, 2006

19.3 Km today - 58.5 Km for the week

Joined some of the Ausrunners for a 20 Km run today, nothing like meeting in a dark carpark on a Sunday morning, very "Spy Who Came in from the Cold"! Great run though and kept me to a sensible pace, I tend to lose my discipline when I am on my own. I really think those Skins were money well spent because at this point my legs feel fine after my longest run yet. Have also been on the Glucosamine for 6 weeks now and have not had a niggle in the right knee for the last 3 weeks, have not even needed ice after a long run. This has been my second week of 58 Km, tempted to head out this afternoon for 2 Km just to get the 60! But that would just be a little obesessed and silly I suppose. I think I have settled into a nice pattern and will keep the weekly distance at about that, will start the half marathon training at the start of May. Appetite still a bit off, have not eaten enough yet today to re-fuel. Planning nice big veggie (soy) burger for dinner with an egg as well, heaps of protein. Looking forward to a good bushwalk tomorrow then may head in for a R4K run, will see how the legs feel. Off topic - hard rubbish on at the moment, so far the scavagers have taken my old broken venetian blind and a manky old shower caddy. Still doesn't top the time when some took one old boot from the pile, classic!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home