a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Monday, March 13, 2006

Feeling Blah......no running today

Would like to head into the city for a 10Km session with the R4K training group, however after 20 Km yesterday I really should rest today. My legs feel fresh but pride comes before a fall and all that so best err on the side of caution. Will get stuck in again tomorrow morning, the weather is looking a bit inclement this week so it will give me a taste of Winter. Feeling very blah today, must be the grey day and the black dog nipping at my heels, I suppose I can't expect every day to be perfect. I cleaned out some drawers in a cabinet today so I could store all my running gear in one place (shorts, leggings, various tops, it all adds up) and found a big stash of old chocolate wrappers. Oh dear, like any junkie with a habbit I'd sneak off for a fix and hide the evidence, also found some old "fatty" photo's from my 30th, I binned those quick smart, along with the choccie wrappers. Entered a 10km run today, 2 weeks prior to the R4K, I have not done a fun run since Spring into Shape 3 and I did not have very much training behind me then. An 8Km training run is now faster than my best SIS effort. I won't get into setting a strict goal time for March 26, but it would be good to finish in under 50 minutes. I dream of being able to do 10Km in 45 minutes, I wonder if I will every get there? Maybe I should start setting some concrete time goals for myself, just to keep things interesting.............. Ughhh, really wish this mood would shift, might head out for a walk to clear my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home