a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Monday, July 10, 2006

13 Weeks and counting

First of all, buggery stupid computer, it froze on me and I lost my post, now I have to type the damn thing again. So, training for my second half marathon starts tomorrow, I have adapted the plan I used last time now that I have a better idea of what I am doing. What I will do differently?
  • 13 week lead up instead of 11 (started last plan right after the Run for the Kids)
  • Structured speed work with a running group, rather than on my own
  • Hill Intervals (when I figure out what this entails, Anderson St here I come)
  • Pay more attention to my nutrition, try to reduce Body Fat and lose 2.5 Kgs (got off on the right foot today at least)
  • The last plan steadily built up the mileage. But now I have a good base so the weeks will be more consistent, about 65 to 80 Kms a week.
  • Last time I included 2 races, I may allow 3 races this time. My next one will be a 10km on the 23rd of this month.
  • I WILL stretch properly after each run, I promise.

What will stay the same?

  • Plenty of "easy" pace runs of 13Km to 14Km, the workhorse of the training week
  • Threshold runs, one of my favorite sessions, these are a real confidence booster
  • Long runs of no more than 25Kms

I am sure I had some fantastic pearl of wisdom for myself in my "lost" post, but I can't remember what it was.

So my first half served it's purpose, it gave me a feel for racing that distance and helped me decide whether or not I wanted to keep training for the distance and try for better times (YES!!!). My goal for Melbourne will be to knock off 4 minutes and finish in 104 minutes.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you have things in place and nothing will stop you. I wish at times I was as structured as you.

22:26

 
Blogger Boston said...

I am very impressed by your program... enjoy it!

22:48

 
Blogger Jaykay said...

Hey skinny minny, where do you think the 2kg is going to come from??

Sounds like you've got yourself a great plan there...

12:03

 
Blogger Sekhmet said...

I'm with JK - Maybe if you cut your hair? lol

Sounds like a great plan, I hope you made the most of the Rocky Road etc coz it'll be a while before you see it again!

4 mins off your time? No worries - you'll smash it ;-)

13:57

 

Post a Comment

<< Home