a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Post race blues

Still easing back into it today I just did 6Kms on the Dandy Creek Trail at about 5:25 pace. I thought I would try for 8Kms but it had started to rain and I couldn't be bothered crossing the road just to get an extra 2Kms. I have been a bit moody and tired the last couple of days, guess it must be a case of post race blues and coming back to the cold weather probably doesn't help. I need to pay more attention to my nutrition so most of today has been spent up to my ears in back issues of Runner's World, Run for your Life, my current favorite running book "Run Strong", some nutrition books and a note book. The key to making sure I eat right is going to be good planning. There are a few things that I need to pay attention to - * not overeating during the day at work, this is due mainly to my restlessness and inability to sit still for more than 30 minutes at a time * not eating too much takeaway at night, this is due to not getting home until after 7 each night due to training. I have written down some quick and healthy dinner ideas that should help. * getting enough protein. The only animal protein I eat is fish and I am not going to change that. * getting enough iron. This can be an issue for women, add to the that my near vegetarianism and high level of physical activity and there is a recipe of disaster! Current weight is - 58.4 Kgs (172cm) Current BF % is - 22.5% Goal Weight - 56 Kg Goal BF % - 16% With about 9500 Kjs a day at my level of activity I'll be able to slowly get rid of those pesky 2.5 Kgs so I have written up some balanced meal plans that should get me there and also include the iron, protein and carbs that I need each day. Special thanks for the support re my decision to not run a Marathon this year, it was a difficult decision to make but one I am very comfortable with. There is another Sri Chinmoy event at the end of this month, I'll be entering the 10Km which will give me something to look forward to, hopefully I will be right for a decent hit out by then.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You lucky thing, at least you can get 8 k's in, I'm still giving my knee some run-free time.

18:53

 
Blogger Sekhmet said...

A bit late of me I know - just catching up oon blogs....

I think you have made a wise decision with the Marathon. It's not that far away and knowing how organised you like to be I'm sure you'd rather not have to "squeeze" your training in beforehand and feel like you hadn't had the best prep possible.

Looking forward to catching up and having a good old gossip :-)

12:21

 

Post a Comment

<< Home