a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Friday, June 30, 2006

Resting and Waiting

I picked up my race kit today, I am number 4243. These guys are using Championship rather than Windag timers, haven't used them before but they lace into my shoe like my Polar Footpod. It was quite exciting being in the race precint, I was with my sister so now she knows where the start and finish line is and we have found a meeting spot for after the race. She will be there armed with a camera, also I think these guys will have professional photographers as well. Not too sure how I feel about that considering I always end most races with my hand over my mouth owing the effort I tend to put in over the last Kms, will be one for the "run yourself ugly" album me thinks. I didn't run today, rather I enjoyed a sleep in and have just been bludging about the place with my sister. She took the day off work today, as a result we both keep thinking it is Saturday and I keep having fits of "oh my god, it's tomorrow", "oh no it isn't today is Friday idiot". Well, not much to report, just taking it easy and waiting for it all to happen, nothing more I can do now.

5 Comments:

Blogger beakus said...

Hi Em,

Those ChampionChip timing systems are really good - been in a few fun runs using those (seems to be the preferred one in the UK) and the timings were spot on.

BTW, love your number - it's a sequence so that's got to be lucky! :o) Enjoy your bludging... :o)

15:52

 
Blogger Ruune said...

Good luck Em, sounds very exciting and exhilerating. Don't freak out too much.

16:24

 
Blogger Boston said...

Em,

As you enter your final countdown (1 day, 5 hours and 40 something minutes) best wishes. Enjoy the angst and excitment of the final build up.

18:18

 
Blogger Vicky said...

Hi Em, just logged in to wish you luck one more time and let you know I'll be thinking about you early tomorrow (Sun) morning! You're absolutely right, you've done everything you can and now all thats left is to go out and give it your best shot and most of all, enjoy it! Can't wait to read the post race report! Just do it! :O) MAR.

16:03

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hі there i am kavin, its mу first tіme to
commenting аnyplаcе, ωhen і read
this piece of writing i thought i сould also make comment due tο
this ѕenѕіblе pοst.

Ϻy ωeb blog: http://megasuert.com

09:27

 

Post a Comment

<< Home