a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Back Home - One more rest day

Sigh, back in Melbourne. I love my city, I really do, there are just times of the year when I love it more. Up at 4:30 today, Taxi booked for 5:00, didn't walk though my front door until 11:00, long morning. It was lovely to visit brother and sister but I am looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight. I decided to take one more rest day today. The last 2 days have been filled with general gluttony and slothfulness so I am looking forward to a gentle run tomorrow morning. I am not back at work until next week so it will be great to run when ever I feel like it during the day, this week running is just for the hell of it. I'll also be off to Active Feet for a new pair of training sneakers as well, think that will be a job for tomorrow morning. An Ausrunner recently pointed me in the direction of a running group where I can do some structured training sessions. I am particularly interested in doing some speedwork with a group, I find it incredibly valuable, but also very lonely on my own :-( so I e-mailed the coach some questions today but hopefully should be ready to jump into it next week (being a bit shy it will be hard for me to get into another group but I am slowly getting over myself) Spent the day just mucking around on the net trying to find a marathon training plan, haven't found one that I am happy with yet but I will keep looking. The cut off for registering for the Melbourne Marathon at the cheaper price is 8 September, so that is my deadline for making up my mind. I think I feel that because I have come to running later in life that I have to make up for lost time and I need to fight the desire to try and do everything at once. My next immediate goal will be a 10Km Sri Chinmoy race at the end of this month, I will be looking for something between 47 and 48 minutes. *Edit* Bit naughty, just ripped this action shot of me finishing the half from one of the marathon photography sites.

7 Comments:

Blogger Ruune said...

Welcome back. I have found your training for the GC half incredibly inspirational and infectious - it might be a long while before I am up to tackling this distance, but your enthusiasm has been exciting to hear about.

Whatever your next goals are, I am sure that you will continue in the sensible way that you have and most of all will continue to love the journey.

16:09

 
Blogger Sekhmet said...

Welcome back to sunny Melbourne Em ;-)

Great pic! Look! You're flying LOL :-)

20:13

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back.

Keep soaking up the experience and you know it can never be taken away from you.

I'll wait for your next few posts about the structured running group stuff.

21:17

 
Blogger Crissyjt said...

Firstly, a huge congrats on ur half! Great time too.

Oh, and i love the pic. It's great to get the 'raw' ones. you will cherish this pic for a long time to come.

You are truly an inspirational woman!
Again.. well done.

00:00

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's back .... the green cap will be back around The Tan in no time .... :-)

See you Sunday .....

Take care

Eat Em

09:17

 
Blogger beakus said...

Welcome back to Melbourne Em :o)

That's a great piccie - as Beki said, you're flying along! You must be v proud of yourself. Can't wait to read about the next adventure... whatever it may be.

12:12

 
Blogger Stu Mac said...

Em, if the group you are speaking about is the one I think you may mean then Box Hill Aths Club may not be where you end up, as the majority of the training group compete elsewhere, whilst they will not push you in any one particular direction, you may feel more comfortable competing with the group that you train with, if that makes sense.

A great pic & form.

Stu

13:08

 

Post a Comment

<< Home