a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Sunday, July 09, 2006

So lucky to live where I do :-)

No long run planned for today, this is my recovery week after all, and frankly I am not sure if the legs would have let me do 25 Km anyhow. So I ran 6Kms out and then back again to round out 12Kms, this week has just seen a gentle increase in the distance over the course of the week. Beki was having a shorter one too being it was her 4th week in her training plan so it was great to have some company on the way back. I met up with the ESRG crew in Templestowe at about 730, those looking to do 30Km had already done about 5 by the time the rest of us met up. Finally got to put some faces to some Ausrunners I hadn't met yet, always a pleasure. We headed out down the Yarra trail and it was absolutely stunning, I am constantly amazed by the variety of great places I have to run, mostly within about 30 minutes drive from home. Today's route felt like we were immersed in the bush and it was barely 10 minutes from my front door!!! And to think I had to take up running to discover all this. This week I have been to, Dandy Creek Trail, Koonung Track, Lysterfield Lake Park and the Yarra Trail, how lucky am I! There were stacks of people on the track, other runners and bike riders, everyone was really friendly this morning, lots of smiles and hellos, all acknowledging a shared passion. A particularly lovely group of boys on bikes whizzed past us with a big "Hello Girls", LOL, "Hiya Boys", hmmm, how fast do we need to run to catch up with them, Beki, fancy a bit of speedwork this morning :-) Looking forward to getting back into training again next week, exactly 3 months to go until my next half marathon, looking for something around 104 minutes this time, I don't think a 4 minute reduction is an unreasonable expectation. I need to book in for a massage next week, I really should have done it this week, that is a lesson learned for my next half, massage very soon afterwards.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right, there are many nice places around Melbourne. Good luck with your training.

20:40

 
Blogger Vicky said...

Sounds great Em. And good on you for just doing what you feel - whether that be more or less than what you think you should be!

10:34

 
Blogger beakus said...

Hey Em,

Saw your note on my blog, sorry for making you sad :o(

Sounds like you had a great run with Beki - the trails you guys run always sound fantastic.

14:48

 

Post a Comment

<< Home