a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Friday, July 07, 2006

Opps, please don't yell at me

I made tentative plans to run with Clarkey this morning and was woken by a 6:30 SMS followed by a phone call. He was heading out a bit earlier than my 8am but might see me out there. I was quite happy to receive the early wake up because it got my bum into gear for the day. Anyway the rendevouz did not quite happen but not a problem and just I did an easy 5:25 paced 8Km this morning. Finally I got in a run this week of more than 6Kms, today it was starting to feel easier again. Honestly, I will never moan about tapering again, recovery is much more frustrating. At least with taper you have the benefit of anticipation, recovery, ughhh, no joy there. Well, got home, did not intend to get onto the net until late afternoon, but.............I am looking to buy a new car so I jumped on to ogle the beastie that I have my eye on. Anyway, I couldn't logoff without having a quick check of the forum and I wanted to send a PM to a mate about something (food related of course). As is happened, said mate had the day off work and was wanting to have a run at Lysterfield, and gee, would I like to go along. Ok, you know where this is heading, I had been wanting to try a run there for ages, was bored at home etc etc, so yes, out I went to meet Beki at Lysterfield for my second run for the day. In my defence it was a nice slow paced 9.5 Km, proven by the fact that we did not shut up the whole way around and chose to walk up a couple of small hills. I haven't really redeemed myself have I? In fact I wasn't going to post it but I am an honest girl. So 17.5 kms today, 8 in the am and 9.5 in the pm. Let's just call it my long run for the week. I'll still hook up with the ESRG long run on Sunday but will probably just go out for 6Kms and turn around to bring it up to 12 kms, and yes, I will rest tomorrow. Hanging my head in shame and slapping myself on the wrist. Good luck to all the AV racers competing at Sandown tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jaykay said...

Em, I won't yell at you. If you feel okay doing the km's then go for it!!

Enjoy your day off tomorrow!

19:51

 
Blogger Sekhmet said...

Hehehehehe :-) Thanks for the company today - it was a really lovely run and good to have a bit of a gossip

20:03

 

Post a Comment

<< Home