a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Rediscovering Belenos

Firstly, thanks for all the great comments everyone, you have all been so supportive. It was great to see little sis at the airport last night, and then off to little brother's last night, I am satying with him and his fiance for the first half. They have gorgeous house in Pacific Pines with a big deck and a lovely view to the mountains. I dropped Kel off at the station this morning which means I had wheels all day, woo hoo, felt very funky in the red Vitara. So where to run?? Got changed and headed down the Gold Coast Hwy to see what I could find. Now my map and compass reading skills may be questionable at best, but dump me in a new city and I always manage to find my way around. I ended up in Labrador (isn't that a dog?) where I found a bike path, and lot's of signs on the road warning of a road closure this Sunday, Hmmm, I wonder what for?? So while not exactly emulating a certain Ausrunner and running the course I certainly ran alongside of 8Kms of it today. The bike path section was almost exactly 8Kms as a loop which I completed in an easy 42 minutes, so this kept me honest and stopped me doing more. I am still battling the cold and am loathe to admit that I felt slightly ill after the run :-( However I have spent the rest of the day vegging on the balcony and eating good food. I had my usual breakfast, then I made a lovely tuna salad wrap with mountain bread and consumed HEAPs of water. Also had a nice nana nap this afternoon, the rest of the week will follow with much of the same, rest, rest and more rest. My sister has taken Friday off so we get more time together. My brother and sisters boyfriend are taking the Hobicat out for their first race, natuarally I declined the offer for a sail, last thing I need is a knock on the head from the boom the day before! So the Saturday morning beachwalk is off now, instead down to the yacht club for breakfast and watch the boys sail, just like when we were kids. Just discovered my brother has disabled pop ups on his 'puter so I can't spell check, and I am too lazy to proof read this post so please forgive any misktakes.

4 Comments:

Blogger Vicky said...

Sounds blissful and like just what you need... Good stuff! MAR.

19:18

 
Blogger Crissyjt said...

Great to hear u have arrived safely Em. i am starting to count down the hours!
:-)

21:29

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You didn't mention the weather or heat. I assuming it's hot or at least a hell of a lot warmer than Melbourne. Good luck for the rest of the week.

23:42

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Em ....

"not exactly emulating a certain Ausrunner" .... old boy scouts days .... be prepared .... lol

You seem to have your week planned very nicely, good food, a bit of exercise and plenty of rest. By Sunday morning you will be jumping out of your skin ready to go ... just remember not to start out to hard, stick to your game plan and you will be great.

take care

Eat Em

09:48

 

Post a Comment

<< Home