a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Finally I feel Human again!

Ok, confession time, I have actually been feeling much crappier these past 6 days than I have let on, I have been putting a brave face on things. Fuzzy head, very tired, coughing up nasties (sorry TMI I am sure) and so on, 2 days ago I was in tears at the frustration of it all. Anyway, not to worry, today I have woken up feeling human for the first time in 6 days, I would say I am feeling about 95% my old self, Thank God because running this week has been quite a struggle. Went out for another easy 8Kms today, left the HRM at home and even turned off the footpod at about half way and just ran for the heck of it. Headed out towards Runaway Bay and checked out more of the course. Said Good Morning to an old guy loading something in a van, got a smile and "you running on Sunday" from him, "Yep", another big smile and "Good on you!", that made my morning :-) Clarkey, your comment was very timely, I am actually considering not running tomorrow morning and taking it easy for the next two days as the legs felt a bit heavy this morning. My sister has the day off tomorrow so we may end up doing a bit of walking instead. I'll play it by ear in the morning, maybe just an easy 5Kms. Off to my sisters tonight for the rest of the week. Only 3 more days to go now, I think I have gone beyond nerves and a strange kind of calm has started to over take me.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sekhmet said...

So glad to hear that you are feeling better! The calm hey....I think you have just come to the conclusion that the inevitable will happen and no point in stressing over it ;-)

You have put in all the hard work, you are feeling better and so won't be sick race day - it's all falling into place, just remember to enjoy yourself!

11:22

 
Blogger Ruune said...

Make sure you pay special attention to keep your fluids up these last couple of days - even more important if you are trying to get rid of the straggling effects of a bug.

Glad you are feeling better, but continue to be sensible, enjoy yourself and don't stress out too much.

11:47

 
Blogger Chris said...

Enjoy the next few days. Take in as many of the sights and experiences as you can leading up to the race, as it will all be wonderful memories in the future.

12:16

 
Blogger Stu Mac said...

The work has been done and you could sit down until race time! I have previously used the two day rest prior to a big one!

All the best

:-)

12:19

 
Blogger Vicky said...

Good to hear Em, sure it will all come together just fine on the day. Getting very excited for you now!

19:54

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Really glad you are feeling like your old self again Em :).

You have definitely done all the hard work and like Stu Mac said "you could sit down until race time".

Go with the flow and enjoy every single moment! Good Luck :)!

08:21

 

Post a Comment

<< Home