a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Speed Work

Another action shot, this one was from the Sri Chinmoy 5Km I did last Sunday. I am always a little surprised when I see these photo's as I have an incredibly warped view of myself. It is not until I see a photo like this that I gain a more balanced perception of what I look like these days, anyway, just a little insight into my strange insecure mind. If I feel thus inclined I will go into more detail one day. I had speed work tonight, so as is my habit I did an easy run this morning of about 5.8 Km, then onto the session tonight. It was a "mystery session" today, so I was hoping for something relatively easy. The first session was pretty cool, we divided into groups of 3, a fast, medium and slow runner (I was the slow runner). Fast and medium did 2 laps, I did 1, fast then did another 1 and then we finished the last lap as a group. My team WON!!! Yay, no help from me though, I was lucky to be in a team with 2 speedy boys :-) Then we did 5 x 300 meters where each 100 metre increment was slightly faster than the next. Phew, was pretty stuffed by the end of all that. Amazing what a good run does for me. I was not in a particularly good way today, but by the time I finished my session I felt on top of things again.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ruune said...

wow it sounds like your training is going really well anyway - just the thing to motivate you to push and judge your boundaries well. I predict that you starting this proper speedwork training will have as much of an impact as getting off the treadmill did.

Only looking forward to when I can see such improvements for myself!!

23:12

 
Blogger Vicky said...

Yeah, great stuff Em and ditto to Deege's comment for myself!

12:19

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

19:19

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

00:21

 

Post a Comment

<< Home