a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I got my old legs back today :-)

Updating the blog from work so part of today’s running hasn’t finished yet. I have speed work tonight so I decided to do a 6Km run this morning as well. AM A quick 6km at just over 5:00 pace, down the straight section of The Tan, over Morrell Bridge then back up along the Yarra and to the office. I was kitted out in long tights, long sleeved top and gloves, but it turned out to be quite a mild morning which was a lovely surprise. Today was the first run since the half marathon that I truly 100% enjoyed, it was quick, my legs finally felt like the belonged to me and it was not a struggle to hold the pace. The section back up along the Yarra was particularly gorgeous, great morning, feeling good and just enjoying being out there, I do miss running in the mornings and it may be time to make the switch back. If the week continues this way I may be a starter for the 10Km on Sunday after all. PM I am doing speed work with the training squad tonight. I think the schedule is for a 1000 metre time trial, 10 minute recovery then 4 by 400 metres with 2 minute recovery. So if we stick to this plan I am going to aim for 4:20 for the time trial, I ran a 4:24 1000 metre last week so it should be doable. I’ll post an update on this tomorrow. I Received confirmation that HR have processed my salary sacrifice for my new lap top, so the “10 to 15 working days for delivery” count down in now on, I HATE waiting, I am a I want everything now person, very impatient. I have to head to Sydney for work on Thursday and Friday which means another enforced rest day on Friday, very annoying. I am in training in North Sydney so I won’t be back to my hotel until after 6pm which pretty much rules out a long outdoor ran damnit. So a few choices – Thursday night, do some Hill Repeats up Martin Place after 7 when the roads are less busy or I jump on the treadmill at the hotel (Ughhh, you know I don’t want to do that). As tonight’s speed session won’t be as heavy as last week I may be able to get away with the Hill repeats OR Rest Thursday and get up at the crack of a sparrows on Friday and get a good 10Km run in outside. OR Do the hill repeats on Thursday night and back up for another shorter run Friday morning. Yes I could get changed and run from North Sydney to my Hotel, but I can’t carry my bag with me. Funnily enough though quite a few of my lead ups to a race have involved this sort of disruption and I always do well, so maybe I should just go with the flow and stop stressing out about an enforced rest on Friday.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back to normal running. Sounds like you should run a good event on Sunday, despite work interferring somewhat.

20:49

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Good to know you're back! It sounds
like some pretty good speed sessions
are coming along for you. Hope you
enjoy them they will do the trick.


SB:)

21:50

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I should stop stressing about enforced rests" - yes you should!

:-)

21:54

 

Post a Comment

<< Home