a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Friday, March 17, 2006

8.09 Km Today - 35.5 Km for the Week

Seriously lacked motivation this morning, dragged my feet about the place while getting ready, was also really hard to get out of bed this morning. Still, I got myself out there and did the 8 K's, and it turned out to be my quickest run this week, even running through a stich for the last 3 K's. I am proud of myself for not bailing this morning!! As we get into winter I know that I will be tested like this on a pretty regular basis. I just have to remember how great I feel after I have finished and had a shower and some breakfast. Am on track for about 63 K's this week, my biggest week to date, so it is probably natural that I am a bit tired today. I have a 10 Km race (LOL, shouldn't really call it a race, that gives the impression that I will be competitive!) next Sunday so next week will be a lower mileage week as I do a mini taper to prepare. I am hoping to finish the 10 Km in under 50 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home