a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Sunday, May 21, 2006

The dog is off the leash

Training Plan - 23 Km at 6:00 Actual - 23 Km at 5:45 Weekly Total - 73 Km Days to GC Half - 42 Long Slow run today, 23 Km in 02:12:28. I was talking about pushing up to 27Km today but wiser heads have counseled that I should save training runs of those distances for after July when I start training for a full marathon, so 23 Km it was. A harder training week with some tempo running and speedwork, pleased to say though that the legs feel fine today. Tough week for me, generally I manage to keep the black dog on the leash, but he just wanted to get off and play this week. This weekend I am too tired to keep fighting him, so I think I will just sit around today in a self indulgent malaise. Normal transmission will surely resume tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stu Mac said...

Well done!! Well done on the run and well done on holding back the distance.

As you have probably guessed over time, I don't understand the need for people who are training for a HM or 10k races to be running so far, so I am very happy to hear that a wise old head has got into your ear!!

With a light (on distance) and sharper (some faster stuff) week, I will be very interested to see how fast on Sunday!

Stu

13:01

 

Post a Comment

<< Home