a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Yet another great training run

Training Plan - 11 Km 1.5 Km warm up at 6:00 8 Km tempo at 5:10 1.5 Km cool down at 6:00 Actual - 11.5 Km 1.5 Km warm up at 5:40 8 Km tempo at 4:50 to 5:10 1.5 Km cool down at 5:15 Weekly total - 34.4 Km Days to GC Half - 52 I had another great training run today, I even managed to push it up Anderson St for a change. Now I have an 8Km race on this track on Sunday and I know it like the back of my hand, so today I just relaxed into the tempo pace, concentrated on my form and thought through my strategy for Sunday. Anderson St will drain time (twice), however the rest is either down hill or flat so there will be plenty of opportunity to push it and claw back some of the lost time. I bought a great jacket to wear on my Rogaine next month. It is super light, it even folds up into a little zipped package that could be easily stashed in my backpack. I might also buy a pair of full length Dri-fit tights to wear on the day as well. Now I just need a backpack and I am set. I noticed today as I ran down the pedestrian bridge into Birrarung Marr that the Gymea Lillies are getting close to flowering. I can't wait ti see them in all their glory, they are magnificent plants, they look so pre-historic, especially as they are underplanted with Cycads.

4 Comments:

Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

I'm always running either up or down Anderson St heading to/from the Yarra after work. We've probably passed each other.

It's Steve (superjacent) here....just changed a few blog details.

20:37

 
Blogger Sekhmet said...

Hmm, I have never run the Tan (been meaning to for a while though) so I guess I have a distinct disadvantage for Sunday :(

You will kick your last time's butt ;)

21:28

 
Blogger Em said...

Hi there Steve

Yep - I'd be the one heading up the hill with the pained expression on her face :-)

Looking forward to checking out your new webpage.

08:01

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Em, needed to find a new forum and some blogs for additional motivation and came across yours via Ausrun. Just wanted to say I've enjoyed reading it as like your down-to-earth style and the good mix of running and life it contains! Very envious of the great network of running buddies you have accumulated and the fact that you live/work in Melb with so many great places to run and so many events to pick from. Alot more limited here in Auckland, esp in my area... but that sounds a bit like an excuse and like you, I'm not really into them... Think you have done fantastically well to be where you are at with your running in the short time you have been taking it seriously and the enjoyment you get from it is obvious, which is so refreshing after hearing a lot of people bitch about it. I run cause I love it and love to feel fit and active and free and it gives me time to think and an excuse to be on my own, so I can really relate to you. Its funny how you can read someones 3mth blog and feel like you know them, ah?! Keep up the great work, I'll be following your progress and have no doubt that you will come in well under your goal time at GC - purely because you have put the hard work in... M.A.R.

13:30

 

Post a Comment

<< Home