a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Friday, May 19, 2006

Just an easy run today

Training Plan - 11 kM at 6:00 Actual - 11Km at 5.30 Weekly Total - 45 Km Days to GC Half - 44 An easy one today after yesterday's intervals. I slept in my Skins last night, surprisingly comfortable sleepwear. Anyway, woke up with pretty fresh legs today. Totally gorgeous day, in fact 3 lovely 20 degree days which have made the afternoon runs even more enjoyable. Melbourne is a harsh mistress though, turns on some fantastic mid-Autumn days then Bam, we will be hit with some Antarctic winds and it will all go to hell again. Oh well, I love my city so I am not going to complain. There was an amazing bright red sunset facing me as I headed back into the city for the last 2 Kms, perfect way to end the working week. Having slight concerns that I may be overdoing things. I generally feel pretty good, I never have to fight with myself to get out for a run. Though I have a nagging voice in the back of my head telling me to be careful. I would not want to injure myself because I have been going out too hard, I am still relatively new to this after all. It it my nature to jump in boots and all though, I never read instruction manuals and I try to put together Ikea furniture without the instructions, that is just me! I run 6 days a week, this includes easy runs, the long run, speed work/intervals and some hill work. Anyhow, have consulted my trusty Ausrun oracles so I will see what they advise. Signing off now, my Run for Your Life magazine turned up today, looking forward to a good read, the lovely (sigh) Craig Mottram is on the cover. Also Rocky Horror Show is on tonight so lot's of dancing around the lounge and off key singing for me, sad but true, but I do love it!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard so much about skin's and now you've just topped it. You actually slept in them.

I've got all or most of the running gadgets except skins, maybe it's time for me to get with the times.

Running 6 days a week is ok but at some point you should have an easy week (2-4 easy run days).

21:51

 
Blogger Rice said...

Good work getting out there and running. It must be getting easier now with the weather cooling off.. Were just getting into the summer up here. got to get use to the warm days again. Some times it hits over 30c! (just kidding) It sure is nice to run in shorts again though.

Cheers.

Rice.

23:33

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your windows are double glazed then, or was that what that sound was?? :P

03:05

 

Post a Comment

<< Home