a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

A night at the track

Training Plan - 11Km at 6:00 Actual - About 8.5 Km various Warm up laps 60m sprint 4 x 100m relay (my team won!) 7km, completed in 33:45 (included a 5km PB of 24:21!) Days to GC Half - 47 Starting to enjoy Tuesday nights down at the track with the Vic Masters. Ran in a 4 x 100m relay team tonite, and me team won (no thanks to me) which was a bit of fun. Went out for the 7Km telling myself it would be a nice easy one after Sunday, yeah right! There was a guy right in front of me at my pace who I just had to keep up with, and of course he upped the pace and I kept on keeping up, he only lost me over the final 400m. We had a bit of a laugh afterwards because he said he tried to shake me the whole time and I kept pushing him. Once I warmed up the laps were really ticking over so I decided to treat it as a tester for my 10Km assault in 2 weeks. I went through 5Km at 24:21 which was a PB (does it count as a PB if it is in training, I suppose so, it was on a measured track) and I was varying between 4:35 to 4:50 pace. If I had have put on another Km I would have beaten Sunday's PB, fancy that!! I guess it is the advantage of being a beginner, big improvements, so I will make the most of them while I can. Feeling excellent tonight. Had a great Pilates session today too, was supposed to be my weekly session with the small group (3 people only), but no one else was booked so I had the instructor to myself for an hour, got lots of attention and had a great chat about my running. And he paid me the ultimate compliment, he said I looked like a runner :-) Really starting to see the benefits now too, I even had some ab muscle definition now, in the right light from the right angle anyhow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That's great Em! 5km in under 24:30
will get you to your 10km in under 50.
Then i read 7km in 33:45! well you'll
breeze it in. Hopefully i can do it
too at Willi.


Stormbikes

22:48

 

Post a Comment

<< Home