a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Friday, May 12, 2006

Friday and learning to love my legs

Training Plan - 11km at 6:00 Actual - 11.85 Km at 5:25 (Doh!) Weekly Total - 46.2 Km Days to GC Half - 51 Tried to take it easy today as I was a bit fatigued after a harder session yesterday. Just tried to cruise around and use the time to think back on the week and contemplate my goals. Call me corny but I find that positive visualisation really helps me, I imagine myself crossing the finish line and seeing my goal time or PB on the clock. Knowing myself well enough that if I do finish some of my upcoming races within goal time or with a PB that I will probably cry like a big girl, so let this be a warning to anyone within my vicinity if this happens! Now you may be wondering about the title. Well, being a girl I have a tendency to have a love hate relationship with my poor old body. We all have something we don't like, for me it is my legs, I love to hate them. I was thinking on this today as I was making my way around the tan, I must be mad. First of all, how bloody lucky am I to have legs that work, how dare I curse them. Secondly they do so much for me, I ask them to do so much every week (along with my poor much maligned feet) and they rarely complain. They are strong and sturdy and reliable and have carried me so far and hopefully will carry me much much further. So I have learned to love my legs. Now lately I have received some lovely and humbling comments, there was one on my comments list yesterday from a NZ Ausruner (Ausrunnernz perhaps?) and recently received a PM via the forum form another. Thanks guys, I am not above saying your comments brought a tear to my eye. I just love what I am doing at the moment and love what running has done for me and can not stress more that I am just so ordinary, there is nothing special about me, anyone can do it. I would (and do) encourage anyone to strap on some sneakers, get out the front door and give it a go, I promise you will feel fantastic.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sekhmet said...

Well said Em :)

And I can understand the crying thing, when you have worked so hard and done the best you can, to acheive those goals can be quite overwhelming at times ;)

You've come so far and everyday is better than the last - keep up the inspirational work ;)

B
xox

22:56

 

Post a Comment

<< Home