a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

1000 Km for the year

Training Plan - 11Km at 6:00 Actual - 12.1 Km at 5:35 Weekly Total - 21 Km Days to GC Half - 46 Today I clocked up 1000Km for the year, I will have to get out the Road Atlas and see how far that would have taken me. I was feeling a bit sore in the quads today, I under estimated how hard yesterdays session was so I just cruised the 12 Km today. Well actually it was supposed to be 11Km but I had the course mapped out in my mind and there was no pointing stopping at 11Km and walking the last Km back to the office. Also a bit of delayed muscle soreness from yesterday's Pilates, I did lots of upper body stuff that did not feel particularly strong at the time but judging by how my trap's and chest feel today the movements I was doing were obviously working me more than I thought. Not much to report in on today, just doing what I need to do, still very much enjoying it but perhaps just a little tired tonight. Nothing an early night and some quality sleep won't fix.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on a grand. 1000 k's will get you well and truly into NSW.

23:52

 
Blogger Em said...

Hi Pelagic

I am familiar with the clam, I find it quite difficult. My Pilates instructor says I have limited movement in my hips, which probably explains my running style. Anyway, 5 weeks in and I am starting to feel the benefits and will def be keeping it up.

I recommend it to any runner.

19:04

 

Post a Comment

<< Home