a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Easy Peasy

Training Plan - 11Km at 6:00 Actual - 5Km at 5:45 Weekly Total - 50Km Days to GC Half - 43 Well, I have had a big week so far, a really fast 7km on the track on Tuesday and a quality interval session on Thursday. So instead of the scheduled 10Km for today I decided to back off and do a really easy 5Km, just a heart starter for the day really. I just got around my old 5Km route that I started running back in January, when it used to be a challenging stop/start run for me. Went up to our fave cafe today for a late breakfast (well it was 14:00 so that is a very late breakfast), so yum, toast, spinach, mushies, avocado, baked beans, hashbrown but no poached egg for me, ick. Problem is, this used to fill me up, but now I am still hungry. That is a big issue at the moment, I am hungry alot. A bit of a conundrum really, trying to lose another Kg or 2, but hungry all the time, what's a girl to do, I still need to fuel my runs?? It is a misconception that if you are very active you can eat what you like, not true. Anyway, I refuse to obsess, I do loose weight slowly, but I tend to keep it off once it has gone so I can't complain. A nice pasta planned for tonight as tomorrow is the long run. I am going to roast some pumpkin, cherry tomatoes and garlic and mix is through some rigatoni with some feta (low fat, or course) and parsley. Oh yeah, I registered for the half marathon today, exciting!!! Better let little sister know I have named her as my "in case of emergency" person in case I keel over (Joking, I think)

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yep! sounds like your session today
was about the right one considering
your week, and the long run tomorrow.
I'm hoping to make it there in the
morning myself - fingers crossed!

SB:)

18:31

 
Blogger Stu Mac said...

Em, good D today. Food intake, I'm not an expert, but maybe write down everything over a day or 2, with your program and chat with either Beki (she has food exp with her job) or maybe another female athlete.

I look forward to seeing how you go next week, if the conditions are right I am sure you will surprise yourself. Re your upcoming weeks of training, I actually asked Tim if he would look at your schedule, but he hasn't open my PM, so he might be away at moment, but I am sure he will respond. I think Tim would be good, as he is very experienced athlete & coach, but he does coach lots of female athletes and there are many things to be taken into consideration (IMHO).

All the best with the upcoming week, are you going to freshen a little for 10k or work through the week with the bigger goal of GCHM.

Regards

Stu

22:32

 

Post a Comment

<< Home