a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

A great run after a cheats "rest"

Training Plan - 11 Km at 6:00 Actual - 11.81 Km at 5:21 (opps, was feeling good tonight) Weekly Total - 22.9 Km Days to GC Half - 53 I had a cheats rest, that is, I ran yesterday morning and then did not run again until this afternoon. So I had a good break between runs while still getting a run in both days. So all up a good run today, felt really strong and comfortable with the pace. To think last year when I did the Spring into Shape series 5:20 was my race pace and I was finishing those 8Km runs totally spent. Now I can do 11Km at the same pace and feel completely relaxed. Sometimes I need to take a moment to reflect to realise that I am improving. I got my Sri Chinmoy race number today, only entered on Monday, they are very quick! So 10Km race for me on 28 May, gotta admit I get a bit nervous thinking about it, especially as everyone knows what my goal is. I really to get very edgy on race day and almost defeat myself before I start, I just don't know what I can do about that. Hopefully if I just keep racing it will sort it self out.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sekhmet said...

Yay! It's exciting to get the race numbers in the mail!!! I've yet to enter, but will get cracking with that soon. I'm sure you will achieve your goal with no worries - just don't put too much pressure on yourself.

Having said that, I've published my goal for all to see too.....

21:08

 
Blogger Ewen said...

Let your training give you the confidence to beat the nerves. Such as your run today - longer, faster and easier than planned.

21:28

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Nothing to worry about Em - i'll have
to do my best to keep up with you!


Stormbikes

23:18

 
Blogger Sekhmet said...

LOL - Re the comment on my blog about the 10k crossing....everything after that felt like a breeze!

Aah, cheats rest - spoken like a true running addict ;)

08:09

 
Blogger Stu Mac said...

Em, maybe we can get nervous together, a goal of mine has been ongoing for quite awhile and due to circumstances I cannot have a go at it this Sat at Sandown, so Willi it is for me.

And yes your improvement will continue on with the consistent training regime.

regards

Stu

09:44

 

Post a Comment

<< Home