a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Monday, May 22, 2006

Oh Lordi!

Training Plan - Rest Actual - Rest Days to GC Half - 41 Oh Lordi, I generally pay no attention to Eurovision, but geez, what a crack up this year. Some mad Finn's called Lordi won this year, those Scandinavians love their heavy metal. Funny because they all look so sweet, must be that Viking blood!! Anyway, way off topic I know but I thought they rated a mention because I was feeling bleak this weekend and they really cracked me up :-) Now, wasn't I a misery guts yesterday, good god, sorry about that. Vegged on the couch all day after my long run, even indulged in some cheesels, just about my fave "crap" snack and haven't touched them for months. Also had a great nights sleep and am back to my usual self today. Have received some good advice on how I should approach this week, given that I have a race I want to give my all to on Sunday, but reluctant to sacrifice too much mileage from my Half Marathon training. Anyway, decided to loosen up a bit this week, I still have 5 full weeks to go so the 2 races this month are not a problem. They may reduce my weekly mileage but I think the experience is invaluable and I did allow 2 races in the 11 week plan. I will re-asses on Saturday but I may cut the Saturday run, or if I am really edgy I will head out for maybe 5Km. I have to switch to morning runs this week, as I have a few things on during the evenings this week. Brrrrrrr, but then again I can't complain about 6 or 7 degree mornings after yesterday's 0 degree start in Wandin. Finally, I have a massage booked for Wednesday evening, can't say how much I am looking forward to that!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sekhmet said...

OMG How good was that Finnish band! A total crack up - you gotta love Eurovision, I was heart broken last year when WigWam didn"t win - hahahahahaha!!!

"Hard. Rock. Hallelujah!"

Awesome stuff ;)

19:47

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only thing I know about Eurovision is that Abba won it many years ago. And yes, I'm an Abba fan.

23:30

 
Blogger Vicky said...

I approve of your sensible approach to the weeks training! I believe it takes more discipline not to run, than it does to run...!
Sure you could have managed normal training AND the event, but also sure you will do even better at the event for doing less training in the day or 2 prior... Its all about priorities! :-)

12:00

 

Post a Comment

<< Home