a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The training week begins - Kinda Tapering

Training Plan - 13Km at 6:00 Actual - 13.7 km at 5:20 Weekly Total - 13.7 Km Days to GC Half - 40 Now I know I did say something earlier about loosening up a bit and not being a slave to the training plan etc etc, then today I go 700 metres further than I am supposed to at a far harder pace! Let me explain, I had the course mapped out in my head, so I was hardly going to stop at the 13Km mark and walk the rest of the way back to the office was I. As for the speed, well it was fecking cold this morning, 4 degrees when I started and topping off at a tropical 5 by the time I finished. On the upside it was a glorious clear morning, so no rain which would have been plain miserable (though it would not have stopped me), also I thought I would pick up the pace and get the legs moving so I did some fartlek which pushed up the average pace. I wore my lovely super light (rather expensive) Cloudveil running jacket this morning, purchased to wear on a Rogaine but I thought I would give it a go on a normal run. It was worth every cent I paid for it, you would not think that something so light would be so effective, it blocked all the wind chill but also I did not overheat wearing it and did not need to take it off, Brilliant piece of kit. Pilates is getting harder, now that I have been at it about 6 weeks my instructor is making the moves much more challenging, I have a feeling the abs will be feeling it tomorrow. Unfortunately I have to spend a whole week in Sydney for work next week so I will miss both sessions, bugger. Though I am looking forward to some new scenery for my morning runs.

5 Comments:

Blogger Crissyjt said...

Well done on getting out there in the freeeezing cold em. The jacket sounds great. Enjoy your runs away from home too. they are ones to remember!

20:12

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't have stopped either. Yeah, it felt really cold this morning. I think I won one of those jackets as a spot prize at Geelong a few weeks ago. I'll have to give it a go out running.

20:19

 
Blogger Shane said...

You're braver than me Em. Apparently it was the coldest day of the year - Brrrrr.

It was a sweltering 13c when I ventured out at lunch time - much more civilised! ;-)

21:06

 
Blogger Sekhmet said...

Ooh, you bought an expensive jacket for the rogaine??? Just couldn't help yourself could ya? lol

There is no way you can run slow on a cold morning, perhaps that's why we ended up way more buggered than we needed to be on Sunday's LSD......Tuesday, I sadly was in bed fast asleep, nursing my sore knee :(

The rogaine should be fun :)

08:54

 
Blogger Stu Mac said...

Great stuff Em and of course you will be able to do the pilates in your hotel next week, I am sure you can remember some of the exercises.

See ya Sunday

15:01

 

Post a Comment

<< Home