a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Just Brilliant!

Oh my GOD! I had the best run today, it felt like someone had flicked a switch and suddenly this week the recovery period is over and I am reaping the benefits of all the hard work prior to the half marathon. I had a tempo run (or should that be called a threshold run?) planned for today. I was going to do about 12 or 13Km with about 10Km worth or temp pace. Now prior to the HM I was doing these at about 5:00 pace, today I found I was easily able to push the pace harder. So here are my splits for today. Warm Up 1km 5:19 (1) 2km 5:05 (10:25) The guts of the run 3km 4:54 (15:19) 4km 4:52 (20:12) 5km 4:45 (24:57) 6km 4:54 (29:52) 7km 4:45 (34:38) 8km 5:02 (39:40 let my foot of the gas a bit there) 9km 4:48 (44:28) 10km 4:40 (49:08) Supposed "cool down" 11km 4:50 (53:58) 12km 5:00 (58:58) So most of the tempo section was either a tad over or under 10Km race pace. Is this correct, is this the sort of pace I should be aiming at for this type of run?? I stopped at the 12 Km mark and spent about 5 minutes doing my stretches properly (CV if you read this you will be very pleased with me, I did all the stretches you showed me). I did this on the benches next to my much loved Angel sculptre, and the chimes were also ringing, it was a very peaceful and relaxing end to my run. Then I walked back to the car and headed home, stereo up singing very loudly (and badly) along to the radio, JJJ, feeling on top of the world. Now to races.....there is not much on in August race wise, so I have decided to dedicate the month to getting in some quality long runs and really concentrating on giving 100% to my Tuesday night speed sessions, I really believe they are going to give me a good kick up the bum pace wise. So August is the month where I lay the foundations for a great half marathon in October and hopefully a good 10Km PB at a race in September, I think there may be a Sri Chinmoy one on.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ruune said...

That's great. Fantastic that you had such a run which felt so good. That might just give you the kick to move up to the next level of intensity. Those coaching sessions seem to be making a huge difference!!

21:29

 
Blogger Clarkey said...

Just like TB - you are no longer aloowed to refer to yourself as slow or average or a beginner......next stop 45min 10km!!

16:28

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

00:05

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

10:26

 

Post a Comment

<< Home