a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Escapee

Didn't run this morning afterall. Took advantage of the fact that the conference wasn't starting until 9am today so I had a rare weekday sleep in. This meant that I was up at 630am instead of 530am, total bliss!! Got dropped off at the station, my last ever trip in the crappy little Daewoo, thank god. I dropped my sport bag off at the office then doubled back to Degraves Street for a heart starter at Degraves Espresso. I also had some sour dough toast with the best homemade raspberry jam I have ever had, there was no sugar in it so it was nice and tart with that gorgeous berry flavour just the way I like it. On the way to Crown I stopped in at Glicks for a bagel, so I could avoid the temptations of the pastries on offer at morning tea. Conference, ughh, what ever. One of the speakers this morning saw fit to put up some family pictures as part of his presentation, "this is my daughter, these are my boys, that young woman there who looks like my daugther is my wife, she is half my age", WTF!!! I am still trying to figure out what the hell it had to do with his presentation and why I had to know that. What a wanker, I mean seriously, I was waiting for him to tell us how big his willy was next. And I am generally not one to notice male attention, but I have just spent the last 2 days being given the once over by every 2nd guy I met, not nice. Any wonder I opted out of the Dinner last night, 4 hours in a room fending off the attentions of liquored up delegates on a night away from the wife, ghastly, my poor manager had to tell a couple of guys where to go. Not a great state of affairs really, the suffragetes would be appalled. Anyway, I took off at about 3:45, I couldn't take it anymore and just wanted a run. Luckily I had a massage booked last night and with knots worked out of my hammy's and calves I was able to get out for a good 15Km today, well 15.15 to be precise, and you know I like to be precise :-), it took me 1:18:48. Instead of heading along the Yarra Trail when I got to The Tan I headed up anti-clockwise and then crossed over to Fawkner Park and did about 4Kms through there as well, then back down The Tan and to the office. And, I was picked up from the station in my brand spanking new car, lovely!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about conferences. I have to put up with druken women, away from their husbands, wanting my attention. I'm only but one man. Then I wake up.:)

Fawkner Park, that's my usual start and finish for all my runs from work.

22:06

 
Blogger Vicky said...

Poor Em!!!! Hear your pain, but had to PML at your post anyway!!!!

I have a 4 day conference to attend in Hobart in Oct. Hope its not as bad as yours sounds!

Least you had a great run to compensate, sounds wonderful.
Thank God for running!

Enjoy the weekend, MAR.

10:14

 
Blogger Sekhmet said...

Sorry Em, I laughed at that post way more than I should have done, esp the bit about the guy putting up his photos lol ;-)

What the hell is Steve on???

11:12

 
Blogger Spark Driver said...

I always thought those Corporate types would be such Gentlemen. All dressed in nice suits and drinking the finest liqour?

11:54

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. www saab be Credit score cleanup Nissan skyline gt - r 34 v-spec ii humorous answering machine message downloads zithromax safe to take

10:55

 

Post a Comment

<< Home