a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Saturday, August 12, 2006

New Wheels!!

Total non running post today because it was a rest day. The BF and I have been looking for a new car for a little while now and frankly I was over it, particularly the salesmen. We had been looking at a particular manufacturer as the BF works for a major Aust car company, but the dealer we visited a few weeks ago was an arrogant little turd. When he priced the car for us he just sat there and said "So! how a about it?", I told him that we would like some privacy to talk about it and he said, you'll love this "What's to talk about?", at which point we said see you later and walked out. Anyway, developments, the BF has now quit major car company, thank GOD! Because the place was a shambles and he was constantly stressed. The way the place is managed it is a wonder they ever get around to actually making any cars, anyway that chapter is closed so no more bitching. That is why I didn't blog on Thursday night because we went out to dinner to celebrate, funny I know but it is a relief really. So, today we headed down to Subaru in Port Melbourne and I am now the proud owner of a shiny new Subaru Forester (Red). I am really looking forward to having a car we can chuck the bikes into the back of again. Best thing they actually offered a really good trade in on my shitty old Daewoo, I could barely conceal my shock! Even better they did not have the colour I wanted with the interior trim I wanted so I ended up picking up he demo that I test drove, it had only done 1600Km - HEY, I have done more than 1600Kms this year ;-) so a good day all 'round really as it came in under my budget. And I'll give credit to the place, no heavy salesman crap, they were happy to let us just wander around jumping in and out of cars and generally poke around until we were ready to have a test drive. Then they took us on this really cool off road set up they had so we could see what the AWD was like. Never thought I would be raving about a "buying a new car" experience. Can't wait to pick it up now.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ruune said...

Wow, congrats. We got a forrester three years ago when we became a one car family. We LOVE it. So easy to go places given that we have two big dogs to transport around with us as well.

16:54

 
Blogger Sekhmet said...

Oooooh, and it's red so it goes faster!!!

I likey very much Em ;-)

17:01

 
Blogger Spark Driver said...

I have just had one of those rare, great "buying a new car" experience. Not a Subaru I'm afraid but a Honda. Great service.

19:20

 
Blogger Unknown said...

How blinking exciting!! I am so jealous, I would love a new car. It look's gorgeous and just love the colour :)!!

11:42

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! merillat merrilat cabinets http://www.nude-latin-hunks.info/See-me-see-you-webcam.html Voip carrier voip call Benz home mercedes motor toronto informational needs questionnaire breast cancer Orange county used lexus Trendy brown leather sofas what are the symptoms of thyroid cancer mesothelioma cancer attorney lawyer11 chrysler official website Tole painted country furniture Bmw auto alarm Auto insurance quote low cost Frenchcountry kitchens Real squirting lesbians 82 volvo gle diesel specifications Gmc hybrid truck Atv trailer tires

23:19

 

Post a Comment

<< Home