a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Mid Week Mini Long Run

Ahh, the staple of my running diet, the 13Km easy run, well actually 13.5Km today in 01:09:53. I don't know if there is any science behind it but I reckon these runs form a good solid base for my half marathon training and I like to get one done on a Wednesday, I think by next week I'll be pushing these up to 14km. It was a very enjoyable and theraputic run today, the pace was easy and it gave me plenty of time to work through some mess in my head. I want to say what it is that is bothering me but it is difficult for me to get the words right without soundling like a shallow whiney little pain in the arse. Suffice to say I am my own worst enemy sometimes and sincerly wish I could turn off that nagging little negative voice in my head that just loves to chip away at my self esteem. *Sigh*, anyway, by the time I had finished 13.5 Km I was feeeling much better, I just wish I could hold on to that feeling. I need to be kinder to myself. Reflecting on last nights hill reps, that was hands down one of the hardest sessions I have ever done, the 5 x 1000 mtre I did 2 weeks before the half marathon being up there as well. Just want to give a special thanks someone who pointed me in the right direction. 4 weeks on now since I joined up with my training group I am throughly enjoying myself and look forward to every Tuesday knowing that I am going to be truely challenged, I always sleep so well on Tuesday nights :-) Oh, Spics and Specs just started, See Ya.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I'm not an expert, but there's nothing wrong with any form of running, no matter what the distance. I suppose I'm saying that as I've just come off a long run as well.

23:04

 
Blogger Crissyjt said...

Did i miss a good episode last night? Just as i found my comfy spot on my couch, my phone rang. Needless to say, the conversation lasted the whole episode!

16:04

 

Post a Comment

<< Home