a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Running to time

Decided to let go of the whole "gotta do XX Kms today" and just run to time. Decided to do more than 45 minutes but no more than 60 minutes. It seems now that my minimum hit out is 45 minutes these days, anything less feels worthless to me. Headed out along the Yarra trail and turned back at about 27 minutes. Tried to keep the pace slow, I was aiming for 5:30, finished up with 10.3 Km with a avg pace of about 5:15, bugger, I need company to keep the pace down. Oh, woe is me. I am just not myself at the moment, I have been in a mood these last couple of days and I am not being very kind to myself. I'll probably go off line for a couple of days and try to sort myself out. Happy running.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sekhmet said...

Hope everything is OK Em - I would love to come out and hold you back for a slower run, but sadly not looking likely for a little while yet :-(

09:51

 
Blogger Clarkey said...

Don't fight the pace, if it feels right and your are not 'working' too hard during the run, then that is the right pace for you. You are not the runner you were, so accept the improvement and go with it!!

22:38

 

Post a Comment

<< Home