a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Spring is in the Air

What a beautiful morning and a gorgeous day!

This mornings long run was along the coastal trail starting from the Brighton Beach railway station, not a part of the world I am familiar with but an easy trip up Warragul Road and onto South Road.

I wanted 20Kms today and finished up with 20.7Km in 1:51:40 with an average pace of 5:35.

I finished up with another strong week, details below

Mon - 13.2 Km @ 5:12
Tue - AM 5.8 Km @ 5:13 PM session 600, 400, 200 by 3 warm up/cool down
Wed - Rest and a massage
Thur - 15.2 mini long run @ 5:12
Fri - 12 Km @ 5:25
Sat - 5 Km fartlek
Sun - 20.7 Km long run @ 5:24 finished in 1:51
Total - 77 Kms

Melbourne Half Marathon 49 days to go, I'll lay my cards on the table, I don't think I am ready for a sub 100 minute, but I don't think it is unreasonable to look to cut 4 minutes and am aiming for 104 minutes. I have been saying that I won't train for a Marathon until I can manage a sub 100 minute half, but I am thinking I would like to manage a 95 minute half first.

Just checked my training diary, this is the first time I have put together 2 weeks in a row of over 70Kms, this is because I am focusing on training this month and am not racing.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stop doubting your ability. I'm sure you have the ability to achieve 100 min half, maybe even better.

It's a nice feeling at the end of a week when we've clocked up heaps of k's. Even more so when it's towards the end of the month and the month total starts looking impressive.

Hey, it's all a figures game.

17:07

 
Blogger Stu Mac said...

Em, I'm sure the sub 100 min will happen and your probably right, not yet, but next year, easily!!!

Sunday's run, the skies were beautiful out my way too, but very windy, I was happy I was well protected in the treees of the You Yangs.

13:34

 

Post a Comment

<< Home