a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Friday, August 18, 2006

TFIF

12Km today in 1:04:58, that is an average pace of 5:24. Much better as I feel I have been doing some of my easy runs faster than I should be. On reflection I have done some long runs this week, in an effort to keep the mileage up with Wednesday as a rest day instead of Saturday. Resting on Saturday has meant that I have been fresh for my long runs and I didn't want to be lumped with a 10Km+ run this Saturday. So as a result of some long runs during the week I will be able to get away with just a quick 5Km tomorrow morning as I have already done 51Km so far this week, then a 20Km run on Sunday. I might make tomorrow a quick progressive speed session, kicking it up a gear each 1Km. Guess what? It is only 51 days until the Melbourne Half Marathon, it is coming up so quickly, seems like an age ago since I set my watch to count down to it, the day after the Gold Coast Half Marathon. I can recommend a good book, The Complete Guide to Food for Sports Performance by Dr Louise Burke. When she authored the book prior to the 2000 Olympics she was the head of the Sports Nutrition program at the AIS. It is the best book on sports nutrition I have ever read not all bogged down in tech science stuff and very straightforward. It has been very useful, particularly the charts to help calculate the ideal number of Kjs you should take in, turns out I have been shortchanging myself. When I am a bit more alert I'll post more details for anyone who is interested on working this out for themselves. Sorry, not really anything scintillating to share today, a bit weary, looking forward to a sleep in tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

51 days, not long now.

What does the good book say about 21 km and only two pieces of toast, coffee and water? You were right though, toast is not enough.

Why aren't you running at Bellarine on Sunday?

22:53

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Internet based merchant account california porsche chassis used porsche boxster in houston

22:17

 

Post a Comment

<< Home