a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Ready to run again

Running and Riding
None today either. In fact this is the first Sunday I have not run since 22 January this year and it will be the first weekend since before I started keeping a training log in January with no running. So really, there is no need for excuses here, I deserved a break! I did get up at 06:30 today with every intention of heading out to Coburg, but once I was up I just didn't have the heart and headed straight back to bed. This would be the first Sunday in a very long time when I have slept in until 8am. So as a result of 3 days off running now (again can't remember the last time I went 3 days without a run) I am feeling pretty refreshed, it has done me a world on good.

We went for a bike ride at Lysterfield Lake this afternoon, I don't rate it as exercise though there was alot of stopping and starting finding tracks and stuff and I was never particularly taxed. I am keen to get back and explore some more though, the tracks are pretty well marked and they include the grade, from 1 to 10, we kept to under 6. I loved working the hills, putting the bike in a low gear and going hard until the legs give way. Not so hot on the down hills though, trees kept jumping out in my path :-)

Unfortunately alot of the really great looking running tracks were marked for Bikes Only, I was definitely a runner on a bike because I know what I would have preferred to have been doing. Not having a whinge though, it was a gorgeous afternoon and an amazing place to ride, not one metre of sealed bike path to be seen. The Comm Games mountain bike course is there as well, but as it is a grade 10 and there were lot's of serious looking lycra clad types with obscenely expensive looking bikes lurking around we definitely gave that one a miss.

Then as we were packing up the bikes to leave I saw a couple running out onto the path and I got a pang, I wanna be doing that............I take that as a very good sign that the rest has been good but I am ready to go again tomorrow, no doubt about it. Though tomorrow I'll check out some different routes, I am thinking I'll head along the tan along the river then head over the bridge, past the MCG and work my way up and around Fitzroy Gardens, just for a change.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now... that's phenomenal! After all you are not predictable as you enunciate.

A great Sunday afternoon for a ride!

20:34

 
Blogger Vicky said...

Good on you for taking the rest Em. Sounds like it had been good for you, as hard as it is to do...
Doing some other activity instead is a great idea and glad to hear that you are thinking about some different routes too. Its very easy to get into a rut without realising and all of these little things will help get you back on track.

Keen to hear how you went today.

MAR.

19:07

 

Post a Comment

<< Home