a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Good days, bad days

Running
Speed session tonight, 1000 mtre, 800 mtre, 600 mtre, 400 mtre and 200 mtre with 2 minute recover, splits as follows -

1000 - 4:26 (ughh, not happy with that, 4:10 to 4:15 would have been more reasonable)
800 - 3:29
600 - 2:30
400 - 92 (better)
200 - 43 (the short stuff 'aint my bag baby)

I rate this session about 85%, I should have had some better splits but just was not totally on top of it today. It was a warm night, but not oppressive, the air was really dry though which made breathing difficult, anyway just making excuses, just one of those days and regardless it still makes me stronger.

A few people have suggested I try some AV summer stuff as an invite, specifically 3000mtre on the track. Not real sure I have the confidence for that at the moment, I don't know the etiquette of track running, it intimidates me. I don't want to get out there and have people going off at me because I am doing the wrong thing, probably best to just go down and have a look.

I can't believe I didn't mention this yesterday, but I got caught up in my Xmas rant. We got a new Australian women's marathon record on the weekend, Benita Johnson came 3rd in the Chicago Marathon in 2:22:36. A fantastic run on what was supposed to be a crap day weather wise, I hear she is contemplating the marathon at the Beijing Olympics. After the Comm Games it looks like she is having a pretty good return to form which is great to see.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jaykay said...

Em, I'm sure you'll be fine doing the AV summer stuff.

I mean how difficult can it be just running around a track for a few k's???

It's like colouring in really, just stay between the lines!!

09:17

 

Post a Comment

<< Home