a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Running
I took my running gear to work today not really knowing if I would run this afternoon, I was feeling a bit wobbly this morning. I felt sick last night and didn't sleep well after a pretty stressful day at work and I am generally pretty robust so you can take that as a sign that it was a VERY stressful day at the office. Anyway, today turned out to be much better than yesterday and I did not have to strangle anyone.

Anyway, by the time 4pm rolled around I felt up to a run, not really sure of the plan so just headed out the door to see what the legs would give me. Turned out to be short and sweet but reasonably sharp -
6Km in 30:26, average pace 5:03.

It does feel a bit odd to be running without a plan, some would say that I should just relax and go with it, but you know what I am like, I love the structure! I'll be ready for a race next weekend so I'll probably turn up to the Coburg Harriers H.A.T run on Sunday 29th. I think they are offering 4, 6 and 12Km so I'll decide on the day, 4km or 6km looks likely, and it helps raise money for charity.

2 Comments:

Blogger RunDave said...

Re. Buster: I nearly turned around and chased after him, but I was doing a hard lap and didn't want to interrupt it. I so wished I could have got his autograph on my cap! D'oh!

20:39

 
Blogger Vicky said...

Glad to hear you didn't get to the "strangling" stage Em! Would hate to have to come to jail to visit you on Sunday! Look forward to meeting you then!

MAR.

12:56

 

Post a Comment

<< Home