a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Only 8Km today :-(

Training Plan - 13 Km at 6:00 Actual - 8Km at 5:16 Weekly Total - 21.7 Km Days to GC Half - 39 Blogging while I have a spare 20 minutes so it will be a quickie. Time was not on my side this morning, circumstances beyond my control meant that I could only run for 45 minutes max, so I ran to time and not distance for a change. Mapped out a mental course and headed out from the office, finished up with 8Km in 42 minutes. Obviously would have preferred the full 13 Km but this regimented Capricorn is just learning to deal with the fact that sometimes life gets in the way. Pilates at lunch time, lot's of strong ab work, it now hurts to laugh. Heading off for a massage in 30 minutes. Then I have to bake a cake for tomorrow morning's cancer council morning tea fundraiser. Oh, and I have to find to time to fetch and eat dinner in there sometime as well. Gotta dash.

4 Comments:

Blogger Shane said...

Wow - she's smart, dedicated, fit, and BAKES CAKES!!!

What more could you ask for in a woman? :-)

21:45

 
Blogger Em said...

LOL - I also love cricket and don't mind the football :-)

House smells lovely now - It was gingerbread cake

22:21

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you, I absolutely hate it when work gets in the way. I've actually modified my running because of this. It's possible for me to run during lunchtime but that's for only 30 mins worth, not long enough. So now I effectively take my lunch break 30 mins at the end of the day, which means I can run for as long as I want.

btw, I'm quite partial to chocolate cake...so when you get a chance......lol

00:31

 
Blogger Sekhmet said...

Ooooh, gingerbread cake!

Don't suppose there's any chance you can bring some along on Sunday???

Pleeeease???

14:49

 

Post a Comment

<< Home