a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

3 is the magic number

Running

15Km today at an average pace of 5:15, kept trying to slow it down a bit but there you have it. I headed up along the Yarra up to Mac Robs Bridge, an extra 500 metres out and back to add 1Km before heading back to the city along the other side. Ran into Steve on my way out. With a long run of 24 Km planned for this Sunday I am on track for a week of about 82 Km. I think my body is getting used to it because I don't feel as tired as I used to

Life

Why is 3 the magic number? Because at the 3Km mark I start to feel good, if the legs are heavy this is when they start to lighten up, the breathing becomes more regular, this is when I find my rhythm and settle into the pace of the run. No matter how shit I might be feeling before I head out I always have that magical 3Km mark to look forward to.

Music Quiz

Geez, I thought yesterday's was waaaay easy, espeically as JJJ seem to play it about 5 times a day at the moment. It was "I want you so hard" by the Eagles of Deathmetal.

Alright, for today's challenge you really had to be a product of the early 90s, I got this album when I was 16 and I still love it, this is from my fave song on the CD, I know it so well I didn't even have to google the lyrics

Dance like a psycho
a sight like nothing on earth
keep a wide bearth from anyone you might know
So no first night nerves
All First Serves All Aces
Straight Home Bases
Sweating like a pig do a jig at the gig of the century

I could go on but I won't.......

6 Comments:

Blogger Stu Mac said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

21:36

 
Blogger Stu Mac said...

Pop Will Eat Itself Dance Of The Mad

21:38

 
Blogger Em said...

YAY Gold Start for Stu it is indeed PEWI's Dance of the Mad Bastards

21:39

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm no good with the music quiz. Nice crossing paths tonight, hope I didn't hold you up too long.

22:51

 
Blogger Sekhmet said...

Do do do do, Do do do do

That's the twilight zone music lol ;-)

How bizarre that we both posted about the 3k on the same day without reading each others blogs?

08:51

 
Blogger Peahen said...

Steve I suck at the music quiz aswell.

Em, your a machine. I stalk ya blog often and can't wait till the Melb Half.

13:59

 

Post a Comment

<< Home