a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Monday, August 21, 2006

The Pregnant Elephant is back

Running

An easy recovery run was on the cards today, so I did 10.3Km in 55:12:09 which was an easy average pace of 5:20. As I mentioned yesterday I have now strung together 2 consecutive weeks of over 70Kms and will be on track for another one this week. Conservative by some people's standards but high mileage for me, I am now entering the period where if anything can go wrong it will (touch wood). So the time has come to be sensible, listen to what my body is telling me and don't do anything stupid! It was glorious this afternoon, still 19 degrees when I ran over Morell Bridge at about 4:20 pm.

Life

Yep, it's that T.O.M again where despite all evidence to the contrary I feel like a pregnant elephant, why oh why do I retain water like a camel? I cope better these days, I even did 10Kms in the pouring rain in Sydney this time last month, despite feeling like crap before the run I felt amazing during the run. Though I did need to sit down in the shower for about half an hour afterwards to recover. I read somewhere recently that if you get onto the Nurofen before the cramps kick in that you can beat them, so on Wednesday morning it will be 2 Nurofen at breakfast and wait and see. Oh blessed Nurofen, surely the person who invented it should be awarded the Nobel Prize for Medicine.

Music Challenge

Here is a challenge for all the music fans out there. Now that I am doing some of my runs with my iPod Shuffle I have all sorts of song lyrics bouncing around in my head. A gold star to the first person who can name the song and artist, answer will be posted tomorrow

"Ain't no sum bitch gonna treat me like a ho, I'm a classy honey kissy huggy lovey dovey ghetto princess"

A hint because it was such a lovely day and I am feeling generous - You shouldn't really run with them - come onnnnnn, I couldn't have made it any easier

LOL when I did the spell check the alternative for Nurofen was Nirvana, could anything be more appropriate :-)

9 Comments:

Blogger Sekhmet said...

God damn it Em!!! It's on the tip of my tongue, far out this is annoying - grrrrrrrrrrr :-(

19:35

 
Blogger Sekhmet said...

Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghh!

Filthy Gorgeous - Scissor Sisters and I should know, I have been listening to their stuff non-stop lately. I love "Don't feel like Dancing" at the moment - awesome happy running music :-)

19:37

 
Blogger Jaykay said...

I had no idea who sang the song so I had to Google it.

I'm loving the song by Peter, Bjorn and John - Young Folks. I keep hitting repeat each time it finishes!

19:48

 
Blogger Em said...

Gold Star to Beki - had a feeling you'd get it, love the new one too, hope the rest of the Album is just as good.

I'm with you JK, love that song too, very cruisey :-)

20:17

 
Blogger Spark Driver said...

My thoughts go out to you and the hundreds of millions of women out there that have to suffer through T.O.M every 30 days.

My thoughts also go to their husbands, brothers or fathers. You poor bastards.

22:14

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got no idea about the music. Well, I know now because Beki unpacked her DVD's and found the answer. I still don't know who they are. I'm an old fart.

You reckon women have it bad. Try being a bloke for a day.

23:06

 
Blogger Peahen said...

Every 30 days huh! Oh I wish. Spare a thought for those of us with a short cycle LOL.

I do feel for you Em I really do. I actually cop it really bad when I ovulate then again at T.O.M. It's actually worse when I ovulate. My G.P told me the same thing about Neurophen, only it makes me sick so I just have to cop it.

You blokes really do have it easy!

08:35

 
Blogger Vicky said...

Damn, I missed the quiz! Not that I would have got it anyway! But I do like a little quiz now and then!

LOL at the term "pregnant elephant" ! Have to say that pretty much sums it up perfectly...

You boys have noooooooo idea!

MAR.

09:02

 
Blogger Sekhmet said...

Sparks, you are a pisser!

Steve, I only just packed my CD's so I didn't have to dig them back out - meh!

Em, I don't have the album yet but I'm sure BB prolly does - I'm looking forward to raiding his CD collection next week (although he won't let me near it once he sees how I put everything back in the wrong case and sometimes squash several in there at once if there are no empties laying around PMSL)

I actually stuffed up my car CD player the other day by trying to jam a CD into it - I didn't realise there was already one in it!!!!!

22:07

 

Post a Comment

<< Home