a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Speed Work

Running
Back to the fast stuff today, session as follows
1000mtre, 750mtre, 500mtre, 500mtre, 250mtre, 250mtre

I was a tad aprehensive in spite of the fact that I seem to be recovering well, anyway it turned out to be a fairly decent session for me, not my quickest but better than I expected, splits as follows

1000 - 4:08 (that was very good considering it felt like 5:08)
750 - 3:09
500 - 2:05
500 - 2:08
250 - 0:57
250 - 0:53 (pretty strong finish)

Very warm night and alot of dust being kicked up on The Tan, does not seem like that long ago when I would struggle to do up the zip on my tracksuit because my hands were so cold.

Contemplating the Marathon (thanks Steve!), Hmmmm, I am not afraid to admit that it is a pretty scary thought. I may try for the Melbourne Marathon next year but am not prepared to commit right now, I am more interested in getting my 5Km, 10Km and HM times down at the moment. I don't want to tackle 42.2 until I am confident I can do it well (and am less terrified by the thought of it!)

3 Comments:

Blogger Boston said...

Miss Em!

Considerations, considerations and considerations.

When I saw you going past today I wondered about your determination to succeeed well! You are indeed travelling very well.

21:56

 
Blogger Stu Mac said...

Good to see the return to speed sessions and a month or so of these sessions regulary will see some massive improvements.

I'm surprised that TC hasn't suggested a 3000m time trial at an aths track on any upcoming weekends???

And regarding a marathon, if you do run AV Winter 2007, MM will be a good one to aim for.

12:49

 
Blogger Ewen said...

Other runners could do well to follow your example (improving 5, 10 and half times first). Pretty good speed there.

16:04

 

Post a Comment

<< Home