a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Thursday, October 12, 2006

More Summer than Spring

Running
Another early start this morning, making the most of the very light mornings before daylight savings begins. I decided to drive to work today, mainly so I could get home in air conditioned comfort. I got to the office, dumped my bag and hit the road at 06:29. Again I was just going out without much of a plan, just to run what my body felt like. I got to Morrell Bridge and checked out the Nylex clock, it was already 22 degrees.

The run today was 9.3 km in 50:23, an average pace of 5:23. It tuned out to be 37 degrees this afternoon at the time I would normally run, thank god I went this morning and it will be another early one tomorrow.

I am starting to get back to normal, probably about 90% there. It is helping to keep these recovery runs at an easy pace.

Music Quiz

This one reflects the day, there is a big fat hint, could be a wee bit obscure though, if you are not a fan of the band you probably won't get it. The damn song has been in my head all day

"Yes I'm jumping like a jumping jack. Dancing Screaming Itching Squealing Fevered..........."

Other Stuff

With the weather heating up water conservation and drought is the hot topic. So it really pisses me off when running back past the City Square yesterday morning I am splashing through water, the run off from he sprinklers watering the little bit of lawn in the square. Melbourne City Council has alot to answer for right there. And this morning I notice the nature strip in front of my house is soggy, yep, a burst water main, again, I have now had one on either side of my driveway. In hindsight it had been going all night, I noticed some run off in the gutter when I put the bin out but thought it came from the neighbours sprinkler. So the burst water main reported at about 0730 this morning, has it been fixed yet? No, but Yarra Valley water, bless them, have popped up a sign saying "Burst Water Main Reported. Repair Prioritiesed". It is now 19:20, wonder how much more water is going down the drain before they take care of it?

At least this time it is just seeping. Last time I had a rather attractive water feature/fountain on the nature strip for about 8 hours. to make matter worse people kept knocking on my door "hey did you realise........",

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

re: music. Okay, maybe I'm dumn, but I have no idea what the music is. Any hints?

08:59

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I really wish I could run that early in the morning to beat the heat. I have a feeling it is going to be a very hot summer.

Have absolutely know idea with the music??

Have to say that is also one of my irks regarding the water restrictions. I have seen council sprinklers on in the winter when it is pissing down, ggrrrr!

15:02

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://hermeshandbags.finniwolf.com Vzzigpp http://hermeshandbag.finniwolf.com kelly hermes bags birkin hermes sale sense you are i want to take a class which means we choose to go overmething, replied Georgie Haynes, 52, A physical secretary through Somerville. here we are at the precipice including Harry knitter very good passing. A ny paper coverage dream finely detailed the hoopla relating to the exhibit's opening up -- namely, its fancy dress outfit start gala,

14:37

 

Post a Comment

<< Home