a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Ready and raring to go

Running
An easy paced 10Km this afternoon. I forgot my watch (not something I do very often), fortunately I have some tried and true routes mapped out at 6Km, 10Km, 12Km, 13Km and 16Km so it wasn't a problem. To be honest during this taper period it is a nice change to just head out for a run without worrying about time, it probably helped keep my pace a bit slower.

It was a very warm afternoon at about 16:30 when I headed out, 28 degrees by the Nylex clock. I ran up to The Tan from the office, a lap and a bit then back along the Yarra to the office. Despite the weather it was quite a pleasent run, not too humid. Also the added advantage of the warm weather means lot's of lovely lads running around The Tan with their tops off, honestly, the hardships I must endure for my sport ;-)

Not so nervous today, I have managed to put things in perspective. I think the reason I get nervous is because I know I have worked hard to this point, I am pretty much 98% happy with my prep this time. So I get a bit edgy because I would be disappointed in myself if I did not perform to my expectations on the day and I think that is fair. But on the other hand, I have only been running seriously since January, it is only my second half marathon and let's face it I have many, many half marathons ahead of me. By the way this is not defeatist talk, I am merely gaining some perspective, trust me, I'll be running my heart out on Sunday.

Now the Ausrun Forum has been down for over 24 hours now, I am suffering withdrawals, hope it is back up soon. Think I saw one of the Ausrunners passing me just after Anderson St this afternoon, but I have only met him once so wasn't 100% and too shy to shout out in case I was wrong.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stu Mac said...

Tonight I ran with the S2F groups, there were a couple of girls who are preparing themselves for Sunday, quickish pace they are aiming for, one has been sorting an ITB/glute prob and the other is extremely nervous, as it is her first HM, one (ITB) is aiming for 92/93 and the other around the 95. Their thoughts and worries reminded me of you so much!

It was a great arvo/evening for a run in the city area, I too enjoyed the city tonight, about 1-1 1/2 hours after you.

:-)

00:03

 
Blogger Paul said...

Hi Em I'm a mate of Steve's, we work together. Just new to this blog stuff and I'm really getting in to it. I used to run a few years back and have done a few halfs. Just get into your rhythym as soon as you can and then enjoy the day....

15:33

 
Blogger MorseyRuns said...

Good luck for Sunday Em, you will probably have arrived home, showered and had breakfast by the time I struggle across the line. Enjoy your run.

16:25

 

Post a Comment

<< Home