a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I guess I am an addict

Running
The results came up today, my official half time was 1:44:38. I finished 246 out of 1515 females, that is an improvement on the Gold Coast where I was in the top 21% of female finishers, this time around top 16%. I don't have an overall placing as they have not really organised the results very well. For my category (F 30-34) I finished 63rd, also an improvement on the Gold Coast where I was 75th. Again I don't know how many were in my category as they results aren't organised that way.

I managed a 5Km run today, took it easy and finished in 27:24 with a nice easy pace. The legs felt reasonably good considering, only real issue was a protesting right quad. Calves, hips and hammy's all felt fine and I had a great massage this afternoon which will help loosen me up as well. After the last half I did not run until the Wednesday afterwards and it was damn painful, this time around I am pleased to be getting back into it a day earlier and without the leaden dead leg feeling I experienced previously. Perhaps this is a result of improved fitness?! My feet are a bit of a mess though, I have a bruised toe and some blisters (have been popped, ughhh), I think my next pair of race shoes may have to go up to a whopping size 10 because I could feel my toes bashing against the end.

I am giving my usual Tuesday night session a miss today though, an easy 5Km run yes, speedwork NO! I'll get back into that next week.

This week I'll continue with the recovery pace runs, probably 8Km tomorrow, 10Km on Thursday and Friday and then the "long" run this week of about 15Km. This week and next week will be lighter but I want to start getting the mileage up again, though there will be some lower mileage weeks with a bit of racing planned between now and Xmas. I guess January can be considered my down time before picking it up again in February in preparation for winter. This is all "seems logical" planning and may be completely off mark so will talk to those in the know.

Life
The title alludes to the fact that I am a bit restless at the moment, apart from the HM there has not been much running over the last 6 days so I am on edge. The other half tells me that I am hooked on endorphins, it could be true I suppose.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sekhmet said...

Great to see you getting back into the swing of things much quicker this time around - I remember it took you ages last time

18:34

 
Blogger Rice said...

great run times.. I always have to read the lines twice when you talk of summer and winter, being that we're a little mixed up on this half of the world.

cheers.

Rice.

22:12

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the quicker we can get back into it the better. You're fitness must have improved which means your training was better leading into the HM.

It's a bit of a lull now, isn't it.

11:26

 
Blogger Vicky said...

But those endorps are such a good think to be hooked on!

We'll just call you Junkie...!

MAR.

12:43

 

Post a Comment

<< Home