a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Tomorrow Melb HM

Running
That's what it says on my Polar watch! 99 days ago, the day after I finished my first half marathon I set the count down feature on my watch, and here we are again. See, even the day after finishing the first one I was planning the next, and despite the umming and ahhing I had already decided in my heart that this October was going to be too soon for a full marathon, a decision I am very glad I took!

The race kit is all laid out, I am wearing the exact same thing I wore last time, rain hail or shine. I had made myself a pacing band with split times, but I don't think it will be very comfortable so I am just going to write the 5Km splits on my inner arm with permanent marker.

I didn't go for a full on run today, I did some gardening this morning, including taming a very over grown potato vine. So this afternoon I went for a brisk walk/run, pretty much just did some slow jogging and some strides just to remind myself what fast feels like.

Dinner tonite will be early and will be home made Nasi Goering, which will be lots of rice, some veg and egg, seasoning, an egg and the way I cook it, no oil (thanks mum for the non stick electric wok last christmas). Tomorrow night I am looking forward to my favorite indulgence, Fish and Chips, Mmmmmmm and there is a Darrel Lee Rocky Road out there with my name on it as well :-)

Here is a little sample of my diet staples over the last 3 days. Never thought I'd say it but I am a little carbed out right now, and I don't even like pasta that much at the best of times.



Best Wishes to everyone running tomorrow!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great day, might catch you at the other end, the end.

17:14

 
Blogger Ruune said...

Good luck Em. You must post up that Nasi Goreng recipe for everyone else to try out.

18:57

 
Blogger beakus said...

Good luck Em! Will be thinking of you... :oD

Kick ass(phalt)...

B. x

00:28

 

Post a Comment

<< Home