a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Friday, December 15, 2006

1 more sleep to go.....

RunningBowling and Drinkin'
Phew, it's been a big week, I feel like I have eaten and drunk more in the last 3 days than I have in the last 11 months! Today was a blast, we had a couple of hours bowling at St Kilda Bowls club, obviously as I was holding the mobile phone this is not me in the photo, it is a colleague (who was a much better bowler than me), as you can see it was a fantastic day for it. It started off as a "friendly" but pretty soon became very competitive, especially with me in the side ;-) Despite proving to be an appalling bowler I at least proved to be an A1 sledger which I like to think had a pivitol role in my side ending up taking the day by 1 point. As some school kids had turned up we graciously allowed the losers to buy a round rather than take a topless lap of the green.

After our 2 hours on the green we were supposed to have a BBQ, however the caterer we had booked kindly decided to NOT turn up. Was supposed to be there at 2pm, we gave him until 2:30 but considering many jugs had been consumed by that stage it was time to get to the pub for some nourishment before things got very messy (as opposed to just messy), not sure if the BBQ dude ever did turn up but he did have a mobile number to contact us on.



The remainder of the afternoon was passed very pleasantly at a pub looking over Fitzroy Street. The last time I was at Fitzroy St I seem to recall a great big fecking brickwall greeting me at the very top, I then had to spend the next 4Km attempting to climb over the top of it and finish my half marathon with a PB. The view today was much more agreeable, LOL



Only one more sleep until I can have a run, I don't care how short and slow it is I am gonna love every step of it. Speaking of running, it is not even '07 yet and I have already been mailed a flyer for the Gold Coast Airport Mathaon due to be held 1st July next year. As long as it fits in with the AV season I will be doing this one again, it will be a good course to have a crack at sub 100 minutes and of course my brother and sister live up there too. I'd like to get another 2 half marathons done next year and if all goes well I may be well positioned to give the Melbourne Marathon a go in October '07. A totally terrifying thought because I want to have a proper go at a good time, not just do it for the hell of it. Not 100% committed yet, let's see how the body copes with a winter season first. Then again maybe I am just being too damn cautious and I should just stop analysing things and go for it.

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger MorseyRuns said...

I prefer "frothy chops" to lamb chops every day! Good luck with the run tomorrow.

20:30

 
Blogger Boston said...

I've had some good drinking sessions at that pub...
see you at the start line in frankston next october.javascript:void(0)
Publish Your Comment

21:36

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Visit today Hypnosis Scripts

02:16

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Visit us today to learn more about speed reading help

02:15

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Visit us today to learn more about online degrees

01:29

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Visit us today to learn more about Free Articles

02:07

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Visit us today to learn more about the Self Cleaning Litter Box

06:19

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Visit us today to learn more about the Showtime Rotisserie

03:23

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Visit us today to learn more about Travel Gym

05:50

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Visit us today to learn more about Medical Bracelet

05:50

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Visit us today to learn more about the Breville Juice Fountain

07:29

 

Post a Comment

<< Home