a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

2 weeks since I last ran

RunningRiding & Injury Update
I suppose I should be saying what I am doing on the bike because I am not just peddling away aimlessly. Yesterday it was intervals, total ride time was 60 minutes with about 30 minutes of intervals. Alternating between 30 second "sprints" with 30 second recovery and 60 second "sprints" with 60 second recovery. Today was rolling hills while keeping the RPM above 100 to work on strength, this was also a 60 minute session. Tomorrow will be a tempo session, 60 minutes with 40 minutes at tempo pace.

The foot is improving every day. Today was the first day in over a week without being taped up and I am happy to report I felt pretty comfortable. Lot's of stretching before getting out of bed, then on with the Birkenstocks, I could feel the first couple of steps but was fine by the time I got t the end of the hallway. Most notably there is very little discomfort when I get up after sitting for a while, also I am becoming less conscious of the injury.

So it's been 2 weeks exactly since I last ran, I remain positive but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't frustrating. I have noticed that my mood is decidedly downbeat at work, I really struggle to get through the day, and it’s fair to say I am not my usual cheery self. I have read that exercise has a positive effect on Serotonin levels, so maybe that explains things. Sure I am riding but as I have already mentioned it doesn't cut it for me. I am also worried about putting on weight and confess the comfort food has got a bit of a look in lately, still, at least I am remaining active. Hopefully I'll be able to have a trot next week, I plan to ease in Run/Walk style.

Stuff
Found a new toy today, it's called Yellbox, you can get it free from Yellbox.com it's over there in the sidebar, not sure if it will be of much use but I'll give it a go, thought it might be a nifty way of responding to comments left here.

I hooked my digital camera up to my Mac for the first time today, amazing, it immediately started downloading photo's into iPhoto, no hassles. On my old lap top I used to have to stuff around for ages to get the Kodak software to work properly, used to drive me mad. I took a picture of the dreaded exercise bike last night after my workout, though I shouldn't call it that it is serving me well. It's also a rowing machine but I don't bother with that, my puny little girls arms and runners upper body are too weak and I am stuffed after 5 minutes. For some strange reason Trixta (AKA Asterix) loves sleeping on the seat.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trixta is gorgeous!!! She looks Burmese just like my Pookie! Pookie likes to sleep anywhere my *ahem* "scent" has been. Lounge chair, bean bag etc. If I don't use the bean bag for a while, she won't either. Cats.

09:58

 
Blogger Vicky said...

Hope you look a bit more lively when you use the bike Em!! Go Trixta!

MAR.

14:30

 

Post a Comment

<< Home