a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Friday, December 08, 2006

Another Breakthrough

RunningRiding
60 Minutes tempo session today, warm up for 20 minutes then last 40 minutes of steady pace at increased effort. Frankly, the sooner I get off that thing the better really, tonight was a real drag. But I have good news, today I decided I could manage a walk home from the station. Under normal circumstances I always walk home from the station, the bus is never on time and it's only 2km anyway. For the last 2 weeks I have been confined to the bus, but today I had a very pleasant and very comfortable walk home, bliss! And I was able to walk around barefoot for a short while, though I am not risking too much of that, I can definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel now. Of course this brings me to the next and perhaps most frustrating phase. The "almost better but it could all go to hell again if I try to return to early" phase. So now I must be super patient and stick with the bike and the pool for AT LEAST another week, possibly 10 days. On that note my floatation belt arrived yesterday so I am going to the pool first thing tomorrow for an hour. I'll be well and truly throwing vanity out the window, it looks like some sort of weird bustle sort of arrangement

I bought some more Sofsoles today and at the risk of sounding like a a paid spokesperson, I love these things. In my totally uninformed opinion shoe companies let themselves down with the quality of the insole they put in the shoes. All this wonder technology goes into wizz bang jiggery pokery that does everything but go on the run for you, then they put these crappy tatty useless insoles into the shoe. Now if you have freakishly high arches like me you need something extra. So when ever I get a new pair of runners I buy the Arch Support insole, yes at $50 a throw they are insanely expensive, but as I am generally getting my runners on the cheap from the US these days it's not so bad. And for the sake of my feet it's worth it. Anyway, this is a long way around to getting to the point. Nike came through this time around and my Air Equalons had great arch support so I didn't need the inserts. But I picked up a pair to put inside my street shoes and they made a huge difference so I'll just rotate this pair around all my work shoes and street shoes, keep up with the stretching, look after my calves and hopefully this PF will not become a monkey on my back

Other Stuff
No other stuff today. I was of a mind to have a little whine and a moan (thanks Lilly Allen) about feeling like a fat cow as I am sure I have put on weight (refuse to get on the scales), but you know what! Who gives a rats!!! Let's call December my month off, I need to rehab the injury, I am still cross training and after a year of building a base and losing more weight I reckon I can kick back for a few weeks, have a few drinks and chill, I 'aint gonna feel bad about it. Next year will be huge and any extra weight will surely be gone by the end of January anyway. And let's face it, my definition of indulgence is most peoples Normal.

Been out for a while now, but has anyone heard the latest from the John Butler Trio, Funky Tonight? JJJ listeners surely would have. Man I love that song, I am a big JBT fan anyway but this one is something else. Just makes me want to get up and dance around and sing every time it comes on, really puts a smile on my dial.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Stu Mac said...

Yep heard John Butler's new one a fffew times, and it is up to his normal high standard. What do you think of the Russian girl's CD they are playing this week, I find it interesting..

Stu

22:37

 
Blogger Em said...

That would be Regina Spektor, I loved the first song and and thought maybe that's all we would get, but the other few I have heard are just as good.

06:35

 
Blogger Ewen said...

Thanks for the Sof Sole tip - I also have high arches so I should try a pair.

17:32

 

Post a Comment

<< Home