a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

RunningRiding
Another 60 minutes on the bike, rolling hills today. Not such a bad one this evening, managed to get into a "zone" and the hour passed pretty quickly. With the trip to Sydney and some Christmas functions taking up most of the week looks like that will be it for the working week. Still keeping my fingers crossed for a gentle run on Saturday.

Goodbye
I don't have the ticker for much chat tonight. A blogger who I have followed closely since he came by and visited my blog at the start of the year has decided to finish up posting to his blog today after going through some tough times in his personal life. I feel a bit like I have said goodbye to an old friend. I am not posting a link because I have left some pretty personal comments there over the months. Isn't it funny how this brave new cyber world has changed the way we relate to people. How someone who you'll never meet who lives on the other side of the world can still feel like a mate. That you can find yourself feeling empathy and compassion towards them and you can only wish them well and hope for the best for them. This is a bit jumbled because I am not much chop at expressing myself in this way, but I mean well. So anyway, if you stop by again, I can only say take care and I'll miss your posts.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Em, I think you are doing sterling work coping with the nasty PF, I hope you soon feel up to a run. You sound like you need one, if that makes sense.

I'll keep everything crossed for that Saturday run... :oD

Beakus.

10:13

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck for the run on Saturday.

You said it pretty well about other runners you meet via their blogs. It's sad when they stop writing.

Ewen. (anonymous as beta is playing up)

16:55

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, Amen to that Em, totally agree with your "Goodbye" sentiments... Well said.

MAR.

19:48

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Em, thought I would drop in and say hi.. I'll still be kicking around from time to time. thanks for the comments they ment a lot. Feel free to drop me an email anytime if you ever want to chat.

cheers.

R.

02:56

 

Post a Comment

<< Home