a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Phew, hot!

RunningRiding
Hit the Warby Trail today for a 40km bike ride, in lieu of a long run. My plan was to go early, around 7am and I was up and ready well before then. Of course it's not just all about me is it! So the reality was we didn't get going until about 9:45. Just as we headed off a mate (Mark) ran by finishing his long run, can I say I was jealous, yep, I was jealous :-( but riding it was and I was off to make the most of it.

HOWEVER, it ended up hitting about 42 degrees in Melbourne today, which made for some very hot riding, thank god for my Camelback, 3 litres of Gatorade at the start, none by the end! I was motoring along really nicely, the heat has never really bothered me, but my other half being A) a boy and B) about 20 Kgs heavier was not doing as well. Normally he power's along really well and we push the pace taking turns leading but the heat was too much for him today so we erred on the side of caution and took it easy. Me, being a total clutz fell off my bike trying to get through one of the special gates they set up to stop motor bikes and stray cows, as a result I now have a pretty impressive bruise on my thigh from the handle bar.

New Blog, maybe
I may be switching blogs, Mac have a fantastic set up that has more features and is sooooo easy to use, no more mucking about with HTML for starters and to insert a pic you just drag and drop. The only thing that has put me off so far is you have to pay for the service. Being stinking hot outside I was happy to sit under the fan this afternoon so I signed up for the 60 day free trial and started building my web page, which includes a blog, this is why I am so late blogging here today. I'll still need to fine tune some of it then I'll publish it here and start posting to it in a couple of days. I'll give it a month or so and see how I feel about it. Though I will keep this blog as an archive and so I can still comment on other blogger.com blogs.

Almost forgot to mention the injury, Hmmm, what injury? Today I feel almost like my old self, I was able to walk around barefoot with NO discomfort at all, but not too much, don't want to tempt fate now. One annoying side affect that I haven't mentioned........incidental running! You know, to catch a green light or a train. I must have wasted hours over the last 3 weeks waiting for the lights to change, not to mention all the missed trains!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sekhmet said...

Yep, I think that you may take out the stoopid award - at least I have a nice tan to show for my efforts lol and ouch to the handle bar!!!

I've got the option of switching blogs now, I'm a bit scared of it going wrong though...and I'm not sure what benefits it's reeeeaally going to give me

08:07

 
Blogger Spark Driver said...

Flash the train driver a nice smile. 8 out of 10 times you will be lucky and he will wait for you.

12:07

 
Blogger Boston said...

Good to hear that you are better and hopefully you will return to regular running soon.

I am making progress myself with my injury...

A few weeks ago I could not even run across the street - so I share your frustration.

18:53

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to your new blog. I keep meaning to customize mine but never seem to get around to it.

08:22

 

Post a Comment

<< Home