a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Thursday, December 07, 2006

A break through!

RunningRiding and Injury Update
Nothing today, very long and stressful day at work then decided to go out for dinner on the way home, a few relaxing wines later and I just decided to pack it in for a change. Guess I am human after all ;-)

Good News, walked all day today with no discernable discomfort, even forgot all about the injury and was power walking a bit at one stage. I can walk up hills with no pain now as well, where previously I was doing this weird side step shuffle. This afternoon when I got home I even tried walking bare foot. Happy to report almost (almost but not quite) no discomfort there as well. Things are looking up!!!!

Ranting
I am well and truly on one of those moods tonight. Quite a stressful day at work, in fact close to one of the worst, I nearly had my first "run to the toilets and cry" moments, not because I was upset but out of frustration. I won't bore blogland with the details because it would just unleash a tsunami of bile and vitriol and that does no one any good at all. Made 100% worse by the fact that I would usually head of for a long relaxing run after work and forget all about it, instead I resort to stuffing my face and drinking.

To add to my aggravation this was the insane scene that met me not long after leaving the office, on my walk to the station. WHY, I ask you WHY, do people insist on entering an intersection, especially during peak hour in the city, when there is clearly no room on the other side, thus blocking said intersection when the lights change? In this case this evening two dumb asses in a ute with the back end blocking the pedestrian walkway and another dumb ass P plater blocking the intersection proper. In a split second lights change, pedestrians start crossing, P Plater gets honked and abused, panics and surges forward, pedestrians (me included) collectively jump out of our skins. In the meantime a poor blind guy with a cane walks straight into the back of the ute and dumb asses start yelling at him, until another guy helps the blind man and gives the dumb asses a well deserved spray. All of this pretty much happens in the blink of an eye. A few weeks ago when crossing the same road I had to jump out of the way as another idiot P Plater who does not know how to do a hook turn also panicked and ploughed through the pedestrians, it is a miracle no one was hurt or killed.

Now I have lost someone very dear to me as a result of speeding motor cyclist meets pedestrian, so perhaps I am a little sensitive. But seriously why can't people just relax and not carry on like total fuckwits, everyone wants to get home sooner rather than later, but just chill and take it easy, for pity's sake.

Hey Pilbara, thanks for the comment about Trixta, he is a He though and while looking fairly cute and innocent in the photo he is in fact a right little bastard most of the time, of course I still love the little rug rat and did name my blog after him.

Something 'aint right with my new toy, Yellbox. In the mac browser Safari I can see it properly, but in other browsers it is cut off along the side. Anyway, too annoyed to work it out tonight, I'll play with the HTML on the weekend. Also not too happy now that I have changed to Beta Blogger, something weird is up with the comments.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Ewen said...

Blogger beta might be buggered again - as Steve L often says.

That's great news about the pain-free walking. Things are looking up.

The sub-45 10,000 is a great goal - you should go well under that.

21:25

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

G'day Em

Why can't people flex out when driving home, 2 reasons; 1. maturity. 2. because they are 'fuckwits'...

Checking to see if I can leave a comment today.

06:34

 
Blogger Stu Mac said...

testing with my blog account details

06:37

 
Blogger beakus said...

Pants, pants, pants, pants. That's what that whole junction (sorry, I find it hard to say intersection) blocking thing is... eeeeeediots!

I like Stu's answer.

I just chill out on the way home... I am, after all, on the way home and therefore there's NO HURRY. Humph. Too many freaks and not enough circus's sometimes Em. Totally understand the rant.

On the plus side... nearly no pain, huzzah!

:oD

B.

09:10

 
Blogger Vicky said...

I had noticed the problem with comments on others that have changed to Beta too - hence why resisting it so far!

Totally hear ya about the idiots that block intersections - esp when it involves peds like that - dickheads!

AND totally hear ya about not being able to resort to a run to de-stress... it sucks!

But, sounds like your foot is almost there, so thats good.

Hang in there - chilling out with a wine ain't gonna do you any harm right now! Nice to hear that you did so!

MAR.

14:37

 

Post a Comment

<< Home