a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Need a hug :-( missing endorphins

RunningRiding
Did my long run equivalent today. 60km on the exercise bike, took 2:20:26 and by God I don't want to do that too many times. I had to have a break for a few minutes at the 60 minute mark to restore feeling to my bum and feet and again at 90 minutes. Tomorrow I think I'll take the mountain bike to Warby trail and do 40km or so in the great outdoors.

Good news is that the foot is continuing to improve, hopefully by December 10 I'll be able to have another run. Remaining positive but will admit to being a grump today, I miss my endorphins, riding just doesn't cut it :-(

6 Comments:

Blogger Jaykay said...

Okay so it definitely wasn't you I saw walking today then if you were glued to you bike seat for 2 hours!! Have to admit that it really did look like you!

Enjoy the bike ride tomorrow.

21:02

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One virtual hug coming your way! I had to have a very stern talk to myself about frustration and negativity so I understand how you must feel. Keep your eye on the prize - a little sacrifice now (ie no running) will be worth it in the end. Still, misery loves company eh?

22:24

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi... stay upbeat and look towards 2007! Enjoy summer time!

23:01

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

.Stay positive. Thats the key. And hey, you are moving, as long as you are moving, you are winning!!!


Adios Muchacho

08:52

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good news on the foot Em, won't be long now :-).

13:18

 
Blogger Stu Mac said...

You are being very positive Em, well done and keep going, the deep water work will be great to working th hip flexors and all of the other running muscles, but IMHO, it will not help a lot with the endorphins :-(


Stu

14:51

 

Post a Comment

<< Home