a

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses.........behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." Muhammad Ali

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Bond, James Bond

Riding
60 minutes of rolling hills on the exercise bike, 28.4 Km. I have settled into a nightly ritual of getting home and jumping on the bike while I watch the evening news. I could just as easily get the pushbike out for a ride but at least on the stationary bike I can get a consistent workout and there is no coasting. Of course a part of me was thinking what a great night it was for speed work, patience my friend, you'll be back. The bright side is that if there is a "good" time for me to get an injury this is it. A few reassuring words of advice from the coach via e-mail brought home to me the value of training with a group under the supervision of a coach. Taking on board the advice and keeping a level head will keep me sane. Now if I am going to give the pool running a go next week I better get me some speedos, thanks goodness they are more flattering than they used to be.

Any Excuse!
I will admit it, with no shame, I LOVE a Bond film, I get goosebumps sitting in the theatre when the theme music starts. The over the top stunts, mad baddies and completely implausible story lines are just pure escapism. The new one is out next week and I can't wait, especially as there is a new Bond, and what can I say, I approve, check this out, how could I not??? Maybe not everyone's cup of tea but I guess I just like a dude with a rough head and to be totally frank I was just looking for an excuse to post this picture ;-)

7 Comments:

Blogger Vicky said...

What can I say Em, except "totally my cup of tea, thank you very much" !!

MAR.

20:39

 
Blogger Ewen said...

Sorry, not my cup of tea.

20:55

 
Blogger Ruune said...

Ohhh yeah. Apparently they made him bulk up a lot for the role which I don't mind at *all*.

22:49

 
Blogger Spark Driver said...

Yeah that is a rough head. Bond has never been the same since Roger Moore. Timothy Dalton!!...what was they thinking??

08:24

 
Blogger Sekhmet said...

Helllllooooooooooo *Purrs*

09:33

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll wait for the video, er dvd.

12:32

 
Blogger Jaykay said...

I've already bought my tickets for next Saturday, got babysitter organised, lolly money ready...can't wait!

And yummo....very nice picture!

13:26

 

Post a Comment

<< Home